Chapter Fifteen

I'd never been to David's gym before so I had to call Brian to give me directions. I was so glad I decided to take the jeep wrangler because we were about to get some company. It wasn't the perfect car to drive in a dress but I hadn't driven it in a while and missed the feeling. Kim was sitting besides me playing song after song from her phone. Lucky for her she had good taste in music or I would have already tossed her phone out the window. The twins were in their own car following behind us. I just hoped George never found out about this or I'd get the scolding of my life. That old man took his job too seriously. Just don't tell him I called him old or I'd never hear the end of it.

Thirty minutes into the drive Kim turned off the music and went silent. I thought she had just lost the mood for listening to music so I didn't question her about it.

"Does he really make you happy?" Kim asked after a few minutes of silence.

I sneaked a glance at her and found her looking outside the window towards the buildings we were passing. I'd rarely seen Kim look so serious so she definitely meant business.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked just to be sure.

"Of course dummy who else would I be talking to." She replied with a smile turning to look at me.

"Yes he makes me the happiest I've ever been. I can't imagine being with anybody else." I admitted a smile gracing my lips as I thought about David.

"And its not just lust or desire for you. It's genuine interest in the guy where you actually enjoy spending time with him that doesn't involve sex. Having long conversations about anything and everything." She inquired.

"Where is all this coming from?" I asked her turning my gaze from the road for a few seconds to look at her.

"Please answer me." She pleaded in a tone I'd never heard her use before meaning she was serious.

"Yes Kim I genuinely enjoy being with David without us having our clothes off. He makes me smile and makes me feel special in ways I'd only ever read about. I know we're still kind of in the honeymoon phase but I know for a fact that even when that part is over I'll still want to be with him through the hard times and the good ones too." I confessed meaning each and every word.

"See I want that now." Kim declared.

"Want what exactly?" I asked.

"That what you just described. I'm tired of sleeping around and having all this useless relationships just for one night of meaningless sex that to be honest isn't always that good. I want my David too who will make me all dreamy eyed like you get when you talk about him. I want to love and be loved by someone I can imagine spending the rest of my life with." Kim admitted sadly.

Her confession touched my heart because I had no idea she was feeling that way. I took one hand off the wheel and grabbed one of hers.

"And you'll get that you just have to be willing to make a change in your life. No offense girl but no guy will settle for you if all he sees is a hoe." I admitted.

"None taken and I totally understand what you mean. I'm going to make that change starting now." She declared.

"Good for you girl. I'm proud of you." I said squeezing her hand for reassurance.

"Thank you for inspiring me." She sniffed holding back tears.

I got a little emotional myself but I did not cry, I wanted to be able to see the road properly.

"Anytime." I replied squeezing her hand once more in reassurance before letting her go and putting both hands back on the wheel.

The rest of the drive was spent with Kim asking for more advice on what to do concerning the life changing decision she'd just made and me being the good friend that I was advised her as best as I could. I was happy for her. Making that decision must not have been easy considering how much she liked her current lifestyle so actually wanting to change it must mean that she really wanted to. All I could do was be supportive and hold her hand as she transitioned. I didn't mean to make it sound so weird but I had no better word to describe what she was going through at the moment. I wished her nothing but the best and I hoped she found what she was looking for.