Chapter Seven

My mom and I were dressed in robes getting our nails done. We were in one of the extra bedrooms getting pampered and gossiping while drinking some fresh juice. My mom hated alcohol as much as I did. I didn't actually hate it, I just disliked the taste. It was the reason why my grandpa hid his drinking habits from my mom. She had been trying to get him to stop for years but had been unsuccessful. I knew it was wrong to bring him alcohol when my mom forbid it but I just couldn't help myself. I liked spoiling the old man once in a while.

My braids had been undone and my hair dyed again with pink and purple highlights. I had never tried such a combination before and I had to admit that I loved them. My nails were currently being done and I asked them to surprise me. I couldn't see what what they had chosen yet because I had a facemask on with cucumber slices on my eyes.

"So darling how are the girls?" My mom asked.

"They are all good. Kim turned twenty five a few weeks ago and we celebrated together with the twins at the club." I explained.

"That must have been a fun evening." My mom commented and my thoughts drifted off to when I met David.

It had been the first time I had ever seen someone so perfect. The evening had been fun alright especially when it ended. The bruises had been so worth it.

"Yes mom it was fun." I replied with a smile on my lips.

It went silent for a while as both my mother and I got lost in our own thoughts. My mind drifted off to a conversation David and I had on the phone when I had been away for the work trip.

"So Tiny. I know you're loaded and all with your own company so how come you're not like one of those bosses who walks around with three assistants and a train of bodyguards?" He asked when I told him where I was and what I would be doing for two weeks.

"Is that your way of telling me that I'm humble?" I replied teasing him and he chuckled.

"Don't make me doubt you. Just answer the question." He said.

"Well I am the owner of the company and the CEO but I didn't want to be one of those people you've described. I realized since I was a child that it was impossible to stay out of the spotlight considering who my grandfather was. So as soon as I got my own company I built a name for myself but stayed out of the spotlight most of the time. I like working but I love designing even more which wouldn't be possible if I was working 24/7 so I have my employees do what I can't. Mostly my COO handles everything while I can just be me. I'm still a good boss though but I don't think you want to meet the business side of me. She can be quite scary." I summarized.

There was a lot to stay about how I run my company but I didn't want it to seem as if I was giving a lecture.

"Maybe I would like to meet bossy Tiny one day." David joked and I laughed.

"Stop by the company when I'm around and you'll see for yourself." I replied.

"Maybe I will." He replied and a part of me wished he would actually do that.

It would be fun sharing another part of myself with him.

"I have another question." He requested.

"Shoot."

"It must be pretty hard being so young, having your own company and being in a world where the male gender is considered to dominate. How do you handle that?" He asked.

"This seems like an interview now. You sound like a reporter. Oh My God. Are you an undercover journalist here to dig dirt on me? " I asked whispering the last part.