Chapter Eighteen

It was my grandfather's seventy third birthday and we were celebrating it in style. When I say style I mean family only with lots of food, games and embarrassing stories. It was usually just the five of us plus Georges family since we'd grown pretty close since he stared working as my bodyguard but today was a little different. Since David had been invited I asked him to bring his whole family along. He'd already met my family and I'd already met his so I thought it was time they all met each other. He had been skeptical about it at first but after a little persuasion from yours truly he couldn't say no.

I was really excited about having all of them over. I knew the moms would get along, my brothers would definitely enjoy meeting Brian and Collins and Elena would love George's twins. It would be all my three families in one place at last.

I was currently in the kitchen decorating the home made cupcakes. Since the cake was pre ordered we decided to make the cupcakes ourselves.

"Honey I asked you not to do that. You're going to spoil your dress." My mom scolded entering the kitchen as she took the piping sheet away from me.

I was dressed in a white dress that reached just above my knees. It was sleeveless with a sweetheart neckline and had red and blue kitenge designs on its linings. I'd paired it with brown strapped sandals. My hair was in a high ponytail and my face was free of make up except for some chapstick. I didn't wear any accessories except for a pair of diamond stud earrings that I'd gotten for my birthday.

"But I'm bored and David isn't here yet." I groaned.

"You're obsessed with that boy." My mom teased.

"Yes I am but he is no boy. He is all man." I replied dreamily thinking about him.

He'd spent the previous night with his family so he could drive them here for the party. It'd only been a few hours but I missed him and I couldn't wait to be with him again.

"He'll be here soon. I can't wait to meet his family." My mom commented with a smile.

She looked beautiful too in a red dera with black flats. Her hair was in beautiful cornrows and her make up was impeccable.

"I can't wait for you to meet them too." I replied confidently.

Just then my brothers came down the stairs dressed in simple jeans and tshirts. They were pushing each other around like they always did.

"Boys behave we have guests arriving soon."My mom admonished.

Looks like we were all getting scolded by her today.

"Where's George? Today I'm going to beat him at pool." Ken asked.

"He went to pick up his family." I replied.

I'd driven myself to the mansion so we could save time. He hadn't liked it but had no choice but to agree to my logical thinking. The door bell rang and Caleb went to get it. Ken made a swipe at the cake frosting but my mom slapped his hand away making me chuckle. I missed living home sometimes but I'd outgrown it and needed to spread out my wings. Besides whenever I came to visit I was always reminded why I had moved out in the first place, to escape the madness.

My family was very close knit and that was good but it had a disadvantage, everyone was always in each others business and I didn't like that. I preferred my privacy thus why I moved out. It's like what happened the last time I visited, I'd been forced to invite David to the gala. Thank the heavens that had turned out in my favor but I didn't want to test fate so much that's why my visits were short and rare.

"Nishaa!!!" Two identical voices screamed making me turn around.

I got off the stool I was sitting on just in time to catch the two bundles of joy that launched themselves at me. George's twins, Isabella and Imanuela or better known as Isa and Ima. They were the most beautiful ten year olds to exist or at least in my eyes they were.