Chapter Twenty Eight

I was making breakfast for David and I when there was a knock on the door. Who could be knocking so early? It was eight in the morning and on a Saturday. David was taking a shower and George was still asleep so I turned off the cooker and walked towards the door.

It had been a week since the whole David getting exposed on TV fiasco happened. Things were settling down after my grandpas publicist handled everything. It was safe to say that my family and taken the news quite well. My grandpa and mom didn't care about his past as long ad he treated me like a princess. My brothers actually thought higher if him if that was even possible because according to them David was a badass and they seemed to like that. It didn't matter to me as long as they still approved of us.

I had been really scared about their reaction but after being invited to dinner at the estate and being fussed over by my mom making sure we were okay I felt at ease. I had meant what I had said to David about sticking to him no matter what they thought of him. Even if they had started disproving of him I would have still stuck to his side. It was easier now that they still approved but I would have picked David over them anytime.

When I got to the door I opened it to reveal nobody. Had I imagined the knock. I was about to close the door when a white envelope taped to my door caught my attention. I grabbed it and closed the door behind me. Was it some sort of prank? The media has stopped messing with us after threats of lawsuits from both me and my grandpa.

I knew it was one of them trying to sneak through and ask for an interview so I tossed the envelope on the counter top and continued making my breakfast. They needed to learn that we had lives and they didn't need to be advertised to the whole world. David almost got arrested for breaking a camera when they followed him to the gym. Luckily all I had to do was pay for it and the case was forgotten. David even had to take a few days off work until things cooled down. Tyler had been so understanding of the whole situation and had given David as much time as he needed and assured him that his job would be waiting for him when he was ready to go back.

David took the free time to follow me everywhere and when I mean ever where I meant just that. I had even started going ton the gym with him because he couldn't be away from me for that long. I thought I was the one who was going to get paranoid about Derek still being on the loose but David was beating me at it. I wasn't complaining though, maybe just a little but, but if it helped keeping his mind at ease then I didn't mind being smothered.

"Good morning." His husky voice greeted as he entered the kitchen looking more delicious than the breakfast I had been making.

He was just in sweatpants and a t-shirt but that was enough to get my motor running.

"Morning baby." I replied.

He gave me a back hug, kissed my forehead before proceeding to grab a mug and pouring himself a cup of coffee. He smelled good too.

"What's this?" He asked looking at the envelope I had tossed there.

"Probably just the media trying to get an interview. It was taped to the door. You can check to see what it is though. Maybe they offered us more money this time." I replied chuckling as I transferred the pancakes I'd made onto the plates.

David laughed too before I heard him yes the envelope and look at the contents inside. It was a sheet of paper and he unfolded it. Whatever he read on there my not have been good because he immediately paled and dropped the letter.

"What is it?" I asked him getting a little scared at his reaction.

What could have been bad enough to get him that upset? When I got no reply from him I grabbed the paper to check for myself.