Chapter Twenty Three

The drive home was the longest and most silent drive I've ever had in my life. I was a talkative person but after the events of that afternoon there was nothing left for me to say. I was turned bother physically and mentally and all I wanted to do was strip off my clothes, crawl into my bed and sleep. All that would have to wait though because I knew end David was waiting for us to get home so we could talk. I was not looking forward to that talk but I knew that it had to happen if we were to move forward in our relationship. Derek was going to be a problem for a while and until I dealt with him then we'd have to talk about it so I could prepare David for what could possibly happen.

Derek was crazy and by crazy I meant bats hit crazy. He had done some of the most outrageous things to get my attention and it pissed me off to no end because no matter how many times I said no he always said yes. He once bought me a puppy with his name shaved into its fur. The puppy was a nice touch but why torture the pot animal by shaving the name Derek onto it's beautiful coat. I had to give the puppy up but that was just the tip it the iceberg when it came to Derek's shenanigans.

We arrived home about forty five minutes later and the elevator ride was even more awkward. The distance between us was worrying and David hadn't looked at me once. Did I have a picture of Derek plastered to my face? He could at least hold my hand or something but instead he was standing all the way on the other side of the elevator. Guess someone was pretty mad.

George wasn't home when we got there which I was very grateful for since I wasn't looking forward to the lecture he would give me about Derek. Yeah that guy was nuisance to everyone.

I took off my shoes and dropped with a huff on the sofa with all my stuff. David took the seat adjacent to me and I had to change my position a little so I could be able to face him.

"How did you find me? I thought you were to come home straight after work?" I asked David deciding to be the first one to talk and cut through the tension.

I wasn't sure if he was going to reply or not but he did after a few seconds.

"I was home but after waiting for about an hour I asked George to track your phone since you weren't a answering any texts or calls."He explained.

"I muted my phone once me and mom got talking to avoid being interrupted. I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you." I apologized.

"Okay Anisha enough. Are you going to keep dodging the elephant in the room with meaningless questions?" He snapped at me and my eyebrows shot up in surprise.

My mouth was a little agape wondering who David thought he was talking to with that tone. And how dare he call me Anisha? I mean I loved my name but not coming from him. What happened to Tiny or baby? I loved those names.

"First of all drop that tone because if I needed scolding I'd go to George or my grandad and second of all please never call me Anisha again. I know it's my name but it sounds so weird coming from you." I explained.

"Okay good got it now who is Derek?" He asked obviously still angry because his tone was still a little condescending.

"Since it seems like your not going to drop that tone until I explain myself then fine I'll tell you. Derek is my new boyfriend and we're planning to elope in a few days so pack your bags and leave mister." I yelled back matching his tone.

David looked at me in wonder for a few minutes wondering what to do with me. He obviously knew I was lying but he looked to be in some sort of battle with himself between whether to laugh it just strangle me to death.

"Tiny that is not even remotely funny and you know it. You're mine and you and I both know that so please cut the crap and tell me what happened." He asked and I couldn't hold in my smile.