Chapter Twenty One

The elevator doors opened to floor that had a well lot hallway with doors a bunch of doors on either side. David took my hand and led me to the last door in the right. He didn't let honor my hand but strapped my bag on his shoulder together with my shawl. That action made me heart melt. He took out the key card he'd been handed earlier and opened the door allowing me to walk in first but our hands still together for some reason.

Another sight met my eyes for the second time that night and if I was a cartoon character if have hearts in my eyes. The room was a typical hotel room divided into two by wooden sliding doors. One half was the bedroom and the other half was a living room. It's them was all white with tiled floors and a few fake plants to accentuate the room. That's wasn't the amazing part because I'd seen better rooms than that.

It's the fact that there was a lot path way with candles and red rose petals leading all the way from the door to the bedroom where there was a heart drawn on the bed. There was another bottle of wine in a bucket on the table in the living room side with tow glasses and strawberries dipped in chocolate. It was a very cliche scene but one that melted my heart to its core.

"I'm sorry I couldn't afford a bigger room." David apologized behind me.

I turned sharply towards him when I heard him say that and found him looking at me sheepishly.

"Don't you dare say that. This is perfect. You're perfect. I still can't believe you went to all this trouble for me." I said.

David dropped whatever he was holding on the table by the door and pulled me towards him his hands on my waist.

"Before you say anything else I want to get something off my chest." He started with a serious tone looking very vulnerable.

I places my hands on his chest and gave him a smile to assure him that I was there and I was listening.

"Go ahead."

"You already know this but I'm not as well abled financially as you or those those guys in your dms. Yes I've seen you delete them when you thought I wasn't looking." He started and I felt embarrassed.

I had no idea he had seen me doing that. I'd always had people want to court me but I'd never been interested in anyone no matter how rich they were. I wanted only David and nobody else no matter the financial situation.

"But..." I started and he cut me off.

"Let me finish." He interrupted and I pressed my lips together urging him to continue. "I know I'll never be able to give you all the luxury in the world and I know you don't need it because you're already capable of that yourself. I admit that makes me feel intimidated sometimes but that's my issue to deal with not yours."

I knew David felt insecure about my wealth and I tried my best not to flaunt it. Maybe not always and getting him Avery expensive car was not the best example but I did try not to rub it in his face.

"What I'm trying to say is that even if I may not be able to give you all this material things I'll always try my best and work very hard to treat you like a queen to the best of my ability because you deserve it. I love you so much and I will never stop telling you or showing you just how much you mean to me." He expressed and if I didn't already knows be him I would have fallen for him then but who said you couldn't fall for someone twice.

"I love you more David and I never expect anything from you but to be yourself." I replied and he grinned leaning in to kiss me.

We both poured all our emotions to that single kiss letting our bodies show what our words couldn't express.

"I just have one question. " I said when we pulled apart.

"Ask."

"Did you arrange all this in hope that we'd sleep together tonight?" I asked.