Chapter Sixteen

I woke up the next day to an empty bed. I turned around and felt David's side, it was still warm meaning he had just left the bed. The curtains were still closed but sunlight was peeking through lighting the room. I sat up and rubbed my eyes to clear the fog. Once my senses cleared I heard the water in the bathroom running meaning David was in there.

I checked my phone for the time and it was half past eleven. Looks like we had really slept in. That was to be expected considering we'd gotten into the house at around six in the morning after dropping off all our drunk friends in their respective homes. It was quite the task but it had been worth it after the fun night we'd had together.

I got out of bed and walked towards the bathroom. I didn't bother knocking and just went in. The worst thing he could be doing was be on the toilet and after thinking about it for a second I discovered that I wouldn't mind seeing him doing his business. David was brushing his teeth when I walked in dressed only in his boxers exposing all his glory. I was wearing nothing but panties and a t-shirt,best pajamas ever. I wrapped my hands around his waist and gave him a back hug, my front pressed to his back. He was warm compared to the chilly temperature of the bathroom.

"Morning babe." I greeted kissing his back.

"Morning Tiny. Sleep well?" He asked after spitting out some toothpaste.

"Perfectly." I replied before letting him go and grabbing my toothbrush.

We stood there in the bathroom each of us going through our morning routine and it almost felt like we were a married couple. I liked that feeling.

"What do you want to do today?" David asked when he was done brushing his teeth.

"I've got nothing in mind but I'm starving. I'm not in the mood to cook though. We can order in since its almost lunch time." I suggested.

He thought about it for a while as I used my special soap to clean my face It didn't even have a name, just came in a clear white box. My mom bought it for me and it worked magic clearing out my acne in high school so if never stopped using it

"I think I have a better idea. Get ready we're going out."

"Out where?" I asked not really feeling it.

I was still a little bummed out from partying all night.

"Just trust me and get dressed. Casually." He instructed even before I could ask.

He kissed my hair since my face was all soapy and left the bathroom before I could grill him some more. What was he planning? I thought he would be tired too after spending all day yesterday at work and the whole night with our friends. I wasn't in the mood but I'd do it for him.

After finishing my morning routine I stripped off my clothes,wore a shower cap and walked into the bathroom. I didn't want to get my hair wet. Twenty minutes later I emerged feeling fresh and much more energized. I grabbed a towel and dried myself before walking back into my bedroom butt naked. Some part of me was wishing that David was in there so I could see his reaction when he saw me naked. Too bad he wasn't in there when I walked in. He must be in his bedroom getting ready. We should really think about putting his things in my bedroom. I clearly had the space and we liked sharing stuff so I wouldn't mind. I'd talk to him about it later.

Not knowing where we were going I applied some moisturizer, wore my underwear and decided on a casual enough outfit. Blue jeans, light yellow sweater and white sneakers. Making sure the curls in my hair were still intact I applied some minimal make up of eye liner and some lipstick and grabbed a small sling bag and shoved anything I might need into it. Feeling confident I looked good I walked out of my room and into the living room where I found David and George in deep conversation about soccer. Looks like those two were getting along.