Chapter Thirty Six

I stood in front of the full length mirror in my bedroom assessing my outfit choice for the day. It was my first day going to work with Nina and Andrew and I was super nervous. I had chosen a cream full neck sweater tucked into a short brown plaid skirt, black stockings, brown two inch heeled boots and a brown trench coat . The weather was a little chilly thus the many layers. My necklace hang over my sweater since I couldn't go anywhere without it.

Nina was having a meeting with the whole cast and crew and since I was part of the crew I needed to be there. They were starting the shooting of a new movie and I had been prepping for it for over a month. I was still skeptical about going back to work but Nina assured me that it would be so much fun I would barely consider it work. I highly doubted that it was going to be fun but I tried to look on the positive side of things.

My phone dinged with a message in my coat pocket and I took it out. It was a message from Simon.

Simon🩺: Good luck on your first day.

We had become close over the past few months when we had ran into each other two more times at the café. He had told me he lived nearby thus why he was there a lot. We had exchanged numbers and had quickly become friends. I had even met his girlfriend, Natalia, she hadn't like me at first seeing me as a threat to her relationship with Simon but once I assured her I would never get between them she eased off and we got acquainted. We didn't paint each other nails or go shopping together but we were civil enough with each other than she didn't glare at me each time we met.

Me: Thank You.

I replied simply. As much as Simon was my friend I didn't want to get too attached for two main reasons. Natalia was the first one and the second was that I felt like getting too close to him would be an insult to David's memory. I didn't want to make any male my close friend for that reason and besides he lived in South Africa only going to a Kenya for visits while for me it we stage other way round. Andrew didn't count because he was married to one of my friends and I knew him from way before I met David.

Picking up all my stuff and putting it in a small gucci bag, I picked up my sketch book with all my hand drawn designs and left the bedroom.

"I thought you had changed your mind. I was about to come and drag you out."Nina commented when she noticed me.

She was laying out breakfast for all of us dressed in black jeans, a black t-shirt and white converse. Her hair was in a simple pony tail and her face was make up free. Andrew was seated one of the stools serving himself dressed similarly but instead of sneakers he was wearing boots. Just like the ones David... Nope, I'll stop myself there before I dig myself into a hole that would take forever to dig me out of. It was too early to be sad, today was meant to be a good day and I would make sure it was exactly that.

"Good morning to you too. Morning Andrew."I greeted him as I say next to him putting my stuff on the empty stool next to me.

"Morning."He mumbled back his face stuffed with the waffles Nina had made.

Living with them was amazing. They treated me like their child and I soaked it all in just without taking advantage of their kindness.

Nina served me a plate and I immediately dug in feeling famished and succumbing to the urge of eating my feelings, stress eating remember. With the day I was about to face I'd gladly eat three portions.

"You look nice."Nina complimented.

"Gotta make a good first impression."I replied.

"You have nothing to worry about. You will do great and if you anyone bothers you feel free to rat them out and I will deal with them personally."