Chapter Twelve

I couldn't stop my feet from tapping against the floor of the car. I felt as if all the courage I had getting out of the house had just flown out of the window in the drive over to the supermarket. I was definitely nervous and instead of David trying to talk me out of it he was just seated on the driver's side chuckling to himself. I didn't even have the energy to ask him to stop. Why did I agree to this? Oh yeah it seemed like such a good idea at the time but right now am not sure anymore. I mean I was sure it's just that... I don't know. Even I'm not sure why I was freaking out.

I honestly had nothing to worry about. Not to brag or blow my own home but I knew I was beautiful so I wasn't worried about them disliking me for my looks. I was a successful young woman who came from a reputable family so why was I still freaking out.

"Okay enough of this. Tiny please calm down. You were okay thirty minutes ago." David demanded placing his hand on my knee to stop my insistent tapping.

I turned to look at him with a glare on my face. He wasn't helping at all.

"Baby they'll love you. I've never seen you scared about anything since I met you. Think of this like another business meeting. Would you go looking all scared and unsure of yourself?" He asked me turning to look at me for a second before he turned to the road.

"No, I'd be confident and brave." I replied.

"Good so stop freaking out. After all I'm here and I approve." He expressed and I smiled.

"I really did win the jackpot when it came to you." I said looking at him fondly.

"And don't you forget it." He said jokingly and we both chuckled.

"Cocky much. Now exit here please. We need to do a little shopping." I said feeling excited.

"Knowing you it's not as little as you're putting it out to be." He replied doubtfully and I didn't even bother arguing his point because he was right.

He pulled up in front of a supermarket and we both excited the car before he locked it behind him. David walked towards me and wrapped his hand around my shoulder pulling me closer to him and kissing my forehead. I almost melted into the parking lot concrete.

I liked the fact that he wasn't afraid of flaunting our relationship in public. I was definitely all for PDA. I was dating for the first time in my life with the man of my dreams. They could print it in billboards for all I care. I was finally happy. What do the kids call it nowadays? Oh yes, I was cuffed.

"Okay baby go nuts." He instructed once we entered the supermarket and I laughed.

"Like I need your permission but thank you. Don't say I didn't warn you." I responded before grabbing the biggest trolley they had and pushing it towards him and grabbing one for myself too.

He looked at me perplexed but didn't say anything. It's not like his words would have affected me anyway. And nuts I went.

An hour later we emerged from the supermarket carrying so many bags we needed to be helped out by the staff. David unlocked the car and we filled the trunk as well as the backseat. I really had overdone it but I honestly didn't care. I had a family to impress. I tipped the ones who helped us before getting into the car joining David who was already sitting behind the wheel.

I buckled up but noticed we didn't move so I turned to face David who was already staring at me with a look I could quite decipher in his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that? You asked me to go nuts and nuts I went." I said brushing him off.

"I'm trying to find the right words but I can't seem to come up with anything." He replied shaking his head in disbelief.

"Okay good then drive. I hope you told them we're going because it's lunch time and am hungry." I replied feeling famished.