Adjusting

[Edited: July 22, 2022]

Y/N's POV

I rub my neck as I stare up at the huge entrance to the UA high school.

"Don't worry y/n, yes you're new and the school year is two days already started but you'll be fine," Aizawa says, reaching an arm out of his sleeping bag to unzip and fold it away.

"Yeah I guess so, you want to give me a heads up for what you've got planned for me?" I say, smiling at my dad.

"Just a simple quirk assessment test that the group did the first day." He says not looking at me fully.

"Let me guess, I'll be doing it in front of the whole class," I say sighing defeatedly.

"Yeah, sorry kiddo." He says ruffling my hair as he walks by, heading into the school.

Dammit, this really is going to suck. I hate being the center focus, hell I hate being the focus of anyone's attention outside of my dad's and his boyfriend Mic (Yes, I'm gay shipping)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pause in front of the huge door to class 1-A with Aizawa looking at me worriedly.

"I'm fine dad, I'll just have to suck it up, let's get this over with." He nods and walks into the class and all the chatter stops as soon as I step in behind him.

"Listen up class 1-A! We have a new student, meet y/n, my daughter." There is a collective gasp at the word "daughter" and I blush ducking my head and mumbling a small "hello".

"She will be joining us for the rest of the year, she was sick the first two days so today for the class she'll be doing the quirk assessment test you did on the first day. I groan internally as everyone perks up

"Alright class meet me at the training field outside in 10!" Aizawa says turning to leave when a kid with green hair and freckles pipes up.

"She doesn't have her P.E. outfit on, what is she going to wear?" He asks and a kid with glasses nods and says

"Yes, she must wear training issued clothes." He says, sounding so grave I blink.

"She has that covered, y/n, would you like to show them?" Aizawa asks holding out a piece of the outfit for me to use.

Everyone leans forward in their chairs a bit.

I focus on an image in my mind of what the outfit looks like and slowly the cloth piece expands and I morph it on to my body creating a whole new P.E. outfit for myself.

The class starts to mutter and chatter amongst themselves.
"That was so cool..."
"What type of quirk is that..."
"Was she technically naked for a few seconds..."

I blushed furiously at the last one and walked out of the class and head out to the field, stretching before everyone came down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katsuki Bakugo POV

"Class before you head down and start to question her, I want to tell you some things." I look up at teacher Aizawa and the class goes quiet.

"First off her quirk is not what you believe it is, it's a very different and rare mash of quirks. Her main one is what she calls mimicking quirk, basically, she can mimic or copy any other person's quirk and make it her own." He pauses to let everyone quiet down again.

"Her other smaller quirk is called analysis quirk, she can look at someone and learn their quirk and weakness, she can also read their attacks a few seconds before they act on it." He says I hear Deku start mumbling and writing these details down in his hero books, I roll my eyes.

"Also, she isn't my biological daughter, I adopted her 4 years ago, no one knows who her real parents are or if they are living." He says the last part a little quietly.

"Finally, she is very... Timid I guess you can say or shy, so if you try to talk to her and she doesn't reply or anything she isn't being rude she just gets very nervous." He says this looking at us a bit sternly.

"Any questions?" He asks and of course green freak raises his hand.

"Yes, Deku?" He asks, rolling his eyes.

"What are the downsides of her quirk?" Aizawa just sighs.

"Ask her that, she'd probably like discussing it with you, it's usually the only way people to get her to talk is by asking about her quirk." He says this and Deku nods.

"Alright, let's go, she should be done stretching by now." He says and walks out, the rest of the class 1-A following close behind.