Sleeping and dodging knives

[Edited: July 23, 2022]

Katsuki's POV

  "No...dad...my fault...weak..." I open my eyes and look over at y/n.

    "What did you say idiot?" I ask and she just turns over.

     Guess she's just having a dream

   I shake my head and close my eyes to go back to sleep when I hear y/n whimper, shocked I stare at her.

   "I'm sorry.." she mumbles and I watch as tears leak from behind her closed eyes.

  I get up, lean over, and shake her shoulders lightly.

   "Hey, y/n, wake up. It's just a nightmare, wake up." I shake her but she doesn't show any sign of waking up.

     "Murderer..." She whispers and I watch horrified as small metal objects around the room start to morph into small knives and shoot towards y/n and me.

     Her quirk got activated in her sleep!?! What the hell!?!

    I scoop up y/n bridal style and move me and her out of the way of the flying knives.

     Carefully, I lay her in the chair and shake her a little harder.

     "Y/N!! Wake up dumbass before you kill us both!!!" I shout and breathe a sigh of relief when she blinks and opens her eyes.

   "B-Bakugo?" She asks confused and I nod.

     "Yeah it's me idiot, who'd you expect the tooth fairy?" I ask and she shakes her head and looks at me.

     "Why am I in a chair?" She asks and I just turn and point at the bed which now had small knives sticking out of it.

     "D-did I do that?" She asks and I shake my head.

     "I heard you mumble in your sleep then things started morphing into knives around the room, your quirk got activated." I say and she bites her lip.

       "I'm so sorry... You could've been really injured.." she whispers and clutches her hospital like gown in her hands as she looks down into her lap and starts crying again.

    "Hey, it's not your fault, you are just an extra after all." I say chuckling and she just folds her hands in her lap.

     "If you're saying I'm weak, you're right. I barely can control new quirks I copy and I still can't analyze more than three people at a time before it causes damage..." She says.

    "That's not-" I start but she cuts me off.

    "It's fine really, I won't ignore the truth... This just means I'll have to fight to control my nightmares..." She whispers the end.

    "You were having a nightmare?" I ask and she just looks away.

    "What was it about?" I ask quietly, turning her face to look at me.

     "N-nothing..." She mumbles.

   "Y/n... It's only me, who am I gonna tell? Those idiot's in our class?" I say scoffing.

    "No, but you might tell Dad..." She says still avoiding my eyes.

     "Tired eyes? Not likely." I chuckle and she looks at me fully, her e/c eye's bright in the moonlight filtering through the window.

      She sighs.

  "We were back in the training center.... The villian's surrounded all of us as a class, thirteen got burned badly and the Nomu grabbed dad. I ran towards him, after realizing I couldn't use my quirk, to stop the hand guy from touching him..." She trails off, hesitate to tell me the next part.

The New Girl (Bakugou X Reader) [In process of rewriting and editing]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें