Proving Myself...Again

[Edited: July 23, 2022]

Y/N POV
** Small timeskip **

I wake up to the sound of my dad grumbling to himself in the living room.

I sit up and stretch, being careful not to hit my hands on anything.

It's been a week since I started going to school and a week since that terrible few moments where I was suffering complete hell.

"What are you grumbling about dad?" I ask watching as he just curls up on the floor in his yellow bag.

"Today is the day of the stupid field trip and I don't have the energy." He says mournfully. I giggle and he glares at me.

"Would you have more energy if I make breakfast before we go?" I ask and he sighs, closed his eyes, and nods.

I make our usual bacon and eggs.

I go to my room and get dressed in a loose (f/c) t-shirt and leggings and head back downstairs, dad is asleep in his chair.

I roll my eyes, clean up the mess in the kitchen, and shake him awake.

"You ready to practice some rescue y/n?" Dad asks and I nod.

We walk to the classroom together and everyone is talking excitedly about the trip. I look around and see the green haired kid who I've spoke to a few times about quirks and things and then my eyes land on the hedgehog haired guy in the back.

I look at him and don't realize I'm staring till he turns his eyes towards me, I blush and turn away and move towards my seat.

On the day I came back to school last week I didn't realize but my seat was right in front of the ash blonde boy.

I sigh and sit town, making sure to avoid eye contact with people in the class.

"Alright class, today we will be taking the bus to the rescue training center, you can wear your normal clothes or change into your hero outfit before we leave, hurry up." And with that Aizawa falls asleep.

I let out a quiet laugh at my dad.

"Well, well, well, the new girl does have a sense of humor I see." I blush and sit straighter, ignoring the temptation to turn and look at the boy behind me.

"Tch, shy as always." He says and I get up to go get my hero outfit on.

I'm really proud of what me and my dad came up with the week before for my costume.

It was in my (f/c) and it was very felexible. I made sure to specify I'd need to to be at least flame proof .

It had a belt with a place I could put small knives and a small strap pouch on for my left leg to put small things into.

(If you don't like this then just imagine something else)

I get dressed and head out to the awaiting bus, the kid with dark purple or blue hair and glasses was trying to put people in seats but they pretty much sat wherever they wanted.

I walked onto the bus and found an empty seat in the back, I went to the window seat and put in my earbuds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katsuki's POV

I step up into the bus, ignoring whatever the hell glasses dude was saying and look around.

My eyes land on the new girl sitting in the very back of the bus listening to music.

I start walking back to sit with her and feel a hand on my arm, it's deku.

"Hey! Don't touch me you idiot!" I say jerking my arm away.

"Don't sit with y/n." He says looking at me.

"I'll sit wherever I fucking want to." I say stomping off and landing in the seat next to y/n and hear her yelp of suprise.

"I-I'm sorry, were you sitting h-here? I c-can move." She says getting up, I reach up and grab her arm pulling her back down to her seat and turn away.

"You don't have to move, just don't piss me off." I say and I hear her mutter a curse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N POV
Dammit! Why'd I have to sit here, why is HE sitting here?

I sigh and go back to listening to my music.

For a while he leaves me alone and I relax.

Then all of a sudden my earbuds are ripped out of my ears, I turn to look at the boy.

"Give me back my earbuds, hedgehog." I say not paying to close to my words, his eyes narrow and I realize my mistake with the nickname that I'd just called him.

"What did you just call me?" His voice angry.

I blush and look away, mumbling my apologies

"My name isn't "hedgehog", it's Katsuki Bakugo, for now just call me Bakugo." I smile slightly at him, he gives me back my earbuds, I nod and then go back to listening to my music.