Recovery

[Edited: July 23, 2022]

Y/N's POV

I feel myself slowly stir awake and groan feeling the dull pain of my injuries.

"Hey kiddo? You awake?" I hear my dad's voice.

"Mmmmm.... No...." I say and hear him chuckle.

I open my eyes and glare at him,

"How do you feel?" He asks.

"Other than feeling like I've been hit by a truck and stabbed in the stomach? Fine." I say sourly and he laughs.

"You would be perfectly fine if you hadn't pulled that trick with teleporting me away from you." He says and I scoff.

"You're right!!! You'd feel like this." I say and he frowns at me

I laugh and he just shakes his head at me.

"So, how bad off was I?" I ask and he looks away.

He sighs, "Your face was cut in multiple places and you had a broken nose, your right arm was shattered, and your skull had a few small cracks in it. Recovery girl says there won't be any lasting damage or facial scars " He says and I nod.

I sigh, "Don't baby me, what about my stomach?" I ask and he looks away.

"..."

"Dad." I say.

"Your organs are all back and everything but... repairing the muscles and skin was harder." He says avoiding my eyes.

"What aren't you telling me?" I ask.

"Recovery girl said pretty much this, your stomach muscles have to be rebuilt in strength and your skin has a faint scar the shape of that bastard's hand." He says spitting that last part out.

I nod and then frown.

"What?" He asks looking concerned.

"You won't have a scar will you?" I ask and he shakes his head.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Dad? Can we not tell anyone about the scar?" I ask and he nods.

"I think recovery girl said she can get rid of it, she just didn't have the energy at the time let me go get he-"

"No... I'll keep the scar." I say and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Why in the he-"

"It'll be a reminder for me, I'll use it to show myself everyday that I need to get faster, stronger, better so one I can protect people and two I won't be taken down so easily again, so I can stay in the fight longer and actually take the villain down instead of being beaten half to death by it." I say and he blinks.

We both turn towards a voice.

"Kid, you weren't taken down "easily" you put up a hella of a fight. I felt the Nomu thing's strength and I know for a fact that it must've been a most painful fight to stay alive and keep fighting..." All-Might says walking into the room.

"Bu-" I start and he cuts me off.

"No buts about it kid, I agree on you keeping the scar but only a reminder not to be so stupid again. " He looks at me pointedly and I nod.

"Also you want to get stronger, faster, and better? Hell kid you do that and none of us Hero's will have a job!" Dad chuckles and All-Might smiles.

"But I was taken down so quickly! And I didn't help anyone fight in the end!" I say.

"Y/n it may have felt quick but it took me and Iida a good while to reach All-Might and even then it took longer for all the Pro-hero's to show up, you held on longer than you believe." Dad says and I nod slowly.

I start to say something when All-Might cuts me off again.

"Also technically you did help fight in the end because you risked over using your stamina to send me the message of the weakness and quirk's of the Nomu, you did more than you think, if I was Aizawa I'd be proud to have you as a daughter." He says and dad nods, I blink back the tears threatening to fall.

"And if that isn't enough to convince you then there is a whole classroom outside listening to this conversation to tell you some things as well." Aizawa says and All-Might chuckles and opens the door, the class of 1-A all peer into the room and seeing y/n awake they all rush in.

"Oh my goodness!! Y/n you were so brave!!" Midoriya gushes.

"We didn't think you'd make it honestly!" Says an awed Uraraka.

"Honestly when you told that hand dude guy off while smiling that was super manly!!" Kirishima says pumping a fist into the air.

"We thought us kids weren't gonna be able to do anything honestly but then we saw you cut through those villains with a knife like it was nothing we decided to fight to!!" Shouts Kaminari.

"Your skills in adapting so quick when the knife was melted was quite impressive." Todoroki says quietly.

I look around at all the eager faces and the awed expressions and I'm humbled.

"Well, I didn't get to see you guys fight but I bet you were awesome doing it!" I say cheerfully and they all looked shocked.

"D...did I say something wrong?" I ask.

"No, we just didn't expect you to say something like that, we are forever in awe of your character!" Iida says and I smile.

"Thank you." I say and they all bow, I look around and sigh in disappoinment when I see no ash-blonde hair.

The class all looks at me expectantly.

"Y-yes?" I ask.

"We were wondering... Could you be our training partners?" The class asks and I blink.

"A-all of yours?" I stammer and they nod.

"I...I can try." I say and they smile.

My eyelids droop and I shake my head awake.

"All right students, let's let her sleep some more." All-Might says and they groan.

"I'll be back in class tomorrow." I say shyly and they cheer all talking about the things I could teach them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sooooooo, ik it's been a minute since I posted a chapter and I'm really sorry to say I'll probably only be able to post one every two to three days because I'm back at work waitressing, I'm sorry but I'll make sure new chapters are a bit longer.
~Freedom ❤️