Fighter

[Edited: July 23, 2022]

Y/N POV

The hedgehog is heading my way and he's probably still mad! He's gonna beat the hell outta me!

Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! Move, quirk please!

I try to activate any of the many quirks I've learned, but to no avail, only thing I did was make myself more tired.

I reached a hand up and lifted myself, leaning on a desk heavily. I blink away the black spots and try to keep my breathing steady.

The classroom door slams open, I flinch and tense ready to run if I have to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katsuki's POV

I'm still mentally cursing myself out when I reach the class, I practically slam the door open only to see y/n flinch and tense as if getting ready to defend herself.

I sigh, I guess I deserved that reaction from her.

I start to walk towards her but she slides back, putting a desk between us.

"Look, I'm not going to hurt you, so calm down." I paused trying to find the right words for what I want to say next.

"I-..." I grind my teeth and force it out.

"I'm sorry for overacting at the field." I say and move to go to my desk.

She looks at me oddly.

"What?" I spit out and she flinches, I sigh.

"N-nothing, t-tell Aizawa to just get my stuff and bring it home when he g-gets off wor-" Her words are cut off as she takes a deep breath, it looks like she's fighting to stay awake.

Oh, shit! Aizawa wasn't overacting when he said she'd be in a bad shape... Damn Katsuki, she's like this because of you.

I watch as she straightens and shakily starts to walk to the door, I see her start to stumble and rush over to catch her before she passes out and hits the floor. She blinks up at me, but her eyes are unfocused and she falls asleep in my arms.

I curse and sling her over onto my back, being as gentle as I can. I rush past Aizawa and Deku and call out, "She passed out trying to walk out of class." I run by and hear a muttered curse from Aizawa.

Finally, I arrive at the nurse's office and bring her in, laying her gently on the bed and started telling recovery girl all that happened.

She sighed, "There isn't much I can do, she went past her normal limit, she'll simply have to rest and rebuild her energy, her quirk drains her very quickly, especially if she uses more than one." Recovery girl kisses her forehead and tucks her in.

"We simply have to wait, she's going to need a good nap."

I look down at this pale, small, skittish girl and feel my heart skip a beat as I study her delicate features and figure.

"She'll be okay right?" I hear tired eyes ask.

"Yes of course, she simply needs to sleep, you may want to look into having her put into a quirk limit study, she what exactly her quirks drain when she uses them. This could all be because she doesn't have enough calories or water." Recovery girl replies.

I reach out and brush a few strands of hair from her face.

I turn and sit down in the chair next to her.

Deku walks in and looks at me, I don't have the energy to scowl at him like normal.

"Kacchan, how bad was she when you found her?" He asks, looking at her worriedly.

"She was fine and then she just dropped, passed out in my arms." I say, looking at her sleeping.

"Oh, are you going to stay with her?" He asks quietly and I nod.

"It's my fault she's like this, so I'll stay." He nods and leaves.

Aizawa walks in, looking more tired than usual.

"I never thought about the quirk limit testing, but I think she'll agree it wouldn't be a bad idea." He says looking at Mic.

"Of course, she sees things like you do, logically. Plus it could really help her." He smiles hugging Aizawa.

I looked over at this small girl and felt a strange feeling I couldn't place. Whatever it was, I knew one thing, I was drawn to this girl.