Running for our lives... literally

Y/N's POV

"H-hey y/n? Can I talk to you?" I hear a voice ask and turn from the crowd of annoying but sweet boys surrounding me.

   "Midoriya? Sure! What's up?" I ask dragging him away from the crowd.

    "U-um... I was wondering if... W-we could kinda team up for this round..." He says blushing.

    "Team up? Ohhh! I get it! You don't want to use your quirk so early in the festival!! But why me?" I ask and he goes beet red.

   "W-w-well I h-heard you tell Kacchan that you didn't care for scouts..." He mumbles, I blink and trn smile.

    "You're right, so you believe I'll help you because I have no desire to be the top." I say and he looks startled.

    "But let me ask you...you're not just using me for personal gain are you? You dont care much for the top spot or scouts fully either, you want to be able to prove to people, well a certain person, you're worthy... Don't you?" I say reading his thoughts a bit.

    "I know it's weak of me to ask..." He says looking away.

    "Nah, it's not weak. I know you're thinking of what Baku would think but it's never weak to ask for help when you know you need it. I know these games are technically supposed to be about being able to show you're able to be a hero and many think teaming up would be cheating, but in many situations hero's team up with others to help take a villian down!" I say and he blinks.

   "So! Midoriya, the answer to your question is yes I'll team up with you, but in return I want you to not fully rely on my quirk, if there is another way through something that you can do for yourself, then you have to do that, I'm a last restort, okay? Because I know you've got enough smarts and power on your own too!" I say pumping my fist into the air and he looks at me with his eyes shining.

   "Okay, but only if you'll call me either Izuku or Deku, I consider you a close friend." He says and I nod, feeling my eyes start to water.

    "Thank you Mid- Deku... I've never had a lot of close friends..." I say sniffling.

    "H-hey d-dont cry." He says and pulls me to his shoulder.

    Startled at being hugged by someone besides my dad I freeze for a few seconds, then finally I wrap my arms around him and hug him back.

    "Thank you..." I say crying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Katsuki's POV

  I start to head towards where that green haired bastard Deku and Y/n went when I freeze at the sight in front of me.

    Deku is hugging y/n who's crying on his shoulder.

   The hell!?!

They pull apart and she wipes her eyes, Deku saying something to make her chuckle.

    I feel a sharp pain in my chest at the sight of y/n wrapped in Deku's embrace and I feel anger and pain rising up in me.

   "DEKU!!! YOU BASTARD!!" I say shouting while throwing an explosion at him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Y/n's POV

  "DEKU! YOU BASTARD!" I hear Bakugo cry and see him throwing an explosion.

   Deku's eyes widen in fear and with no time to react with any quirk I shove him out of the way and take the brunt of the attack.

    "Y/N!!" I hear Deku shout and I stand up from the ground.

    "I'm fine, I promise." I say and start to heal the burn marks.