Are Those Pants 50% Off? They're 100% Off At My Place

Chapter 27 (END): Are Those Pants 50% Off? They're 100% Off At My Place
Song: Follow You - Bring Me The Horizon

~One Year Later~

Daliah's POV

I cling to the shadows as I drop down from the tree hanging over the wall. The drop is harsh but I roll to my feet and survey my surroundings. All is clear, so I hurry toward the castle looming over the grounds. My target shouldn't be hard to find. I'm tackled to the ground and let out a stream of curses as I try to throw the weight off of me.

"Obi what the hell are you doing?"

"Greeting my dear sister since she's been gone for three months."

"If this is a greeting, I'm glad I missed out on those years growing up." I sigh.

"Happy birthday Anee."

"Thank you, now get off me."

He gets to his feet and holds a hand out to help me up. I take his hand but use it to knock him to the ground as I get up.

"If you're looking for Mitsuhide, he's not here."

"What?" My heart sinks.

"He's out for a few days as a job from Master. How long are you here?"

"I leave tomorrow night for Tanbarun. I'll be there a week, then back here, then I'll be boarding a ship with Master Izana to facilitate a trading contract with another country. The trip there on the boat alone is a month."

"So you'll be gone forever."

"It'll feel that way but no." I sigh. "Well, I guess since he's not here, let's just drink with everyone for my birthday."

I find myself sitting at a table with Garak, Kiki, Shirayuki, Zen, and Obi a short while later surrounded by bottles as we play cards. My birthday didn't quite turn out the way I'd hoped, but I'm still having fun. Mitsuhide and I have been dating for over a year now and I'm completely head over heels for him. Working for Izana keeps me on the move for long stretches of time but when there's down time, he allows me to spend time with Mitsuhide, my brother, and our friends. I still can't believe I went from my life being destined for murdering my brother to working for the castle that once wanted me dead. I'm not complaining though, this life is a bit easier to handle. I have a job I love, with an amazing man as my lover, I'm close to my brother again, I have a really nice boss who I enjoy talking to, and friends that are down to get wasted whenever we can get together.

"Hey Anee-" Obi starts but Garak cuts him off.

"You called her that so much, but what does it mean?"

"It's the nickname I gave her as a child."

"But her name is Daliah."

"Actually," I cut in. "My true name is Anyala."

"That's cute! But I can only picture you as Daliah now though."

"Anyway..." Obi grumbles. "I have a birthday surprise for you."

"Is it drugs? Death? Murder?"

"What is wrong with you?" He sighs as he gets to his feet. "It's none of those things. Now, hold still."

"Oh my gosh! It's a blindfold." I mock cheer as he secures the cloth over my eyes.

"You make it unpleasant to do anything nice for you."

"Yeah, yeah, bring on the surprise."

Obi dragged me away from the table after everyone told me happy birthday again and despite learning the grounds, I'm not sure where I ended up when he decided to leave me alone with a request to keep the blindfold on. I don't know why I'm obeying his request, especially because I have no idea what's going to come of this, but I stay still and absently pick at the bandages wrapped around my hand. I may or may not have gotten a nasty gash on it a few days ago when I was attacked on the way home. Something touches my hand and I jerk on reflex but a hand grabs mine before I can attack them.

"You look beautiful." His lips brush my forehead and I smile.

"I'd say you look handsome but my brother has blinded me. I thought you were on a job?"

The blindfold is removed and I wrap my arms around him. I've missed him so much.

"Obi and I may have arranged a small lie so I could take care of a few things."

"Sneaky. So, were you my surprise? Because I love it."

He takes my hand in his and he pulls me into the gardens. With the summer in full swing, the landscapers have placed covered lanterns throughout so it's lit softly and looks magical, even more so with the fireflies dancing around. Where our alcove is, a table has been set up with a small candlelit dinner. It's beautiful. No one has ever done anything like this for me. I voice that thought quietly and he wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head.

"You're worth the world, my love."

"I love you so much."

"And I love you more."

After our dinner together and resting on a blanket to look up at the stars for a while, we return to the party and join in the drinking and cards. More of the staff have arrived and are hanging out and some of the musicians are out playing together. Several of them wish me happy birthday as I settle between Mitsuhide's legs on the bench and lean back against him. I folded on the last poker hand and now I'm content to simply watch them play.

"I feel like you're somehow having my sister help you cheat." Obi grumbles as Mitsuhide wins yet another hand.

"I'm not lucky on my own but I guess I'm a good luck charm." I snicker before sticking my tongue out at him.

I stumble along beside Mitsuhide as he leads me back to my room for the night. I may have gotten a little tipsy but I'm not full out drunk. I'd need another ten bottles before I reach that point. I look up at him, thankful he's holding my hand to help keep me balanced and smile.

"You're so cute."

"Thank you, though you're cuter."

He gently pulls me into my room and kisses me before telling me I should get some rest. I move up to my tiptoes and bring him back into a kiss. His arms move around me to bring me closer as I deepen the kiss and my hands drift up to the buttons on his shirt. He breaks the kiss and looks down at me with desire and hesitance in his gaze.

"Daliah, if-"

"I want this... if you do."

Our lips reconnect and I return to unbuttoning his shirt while his hands wander my body. I feel my back lightly hit the bed and he breaks the kiss to trail them down my jaw.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" He mumbles against my throat.

I pull him back up to face me and smile softly.

"I want you now and for the rest of my life if you'll have me, but for now, unless you don't want to do this, shut up."

"I love you." He chuckles before kissing me briefly then returning to my throat as his hands tug at my shirt.

"I love you too." 

"Daliah?" Obi's voice drifts through the door and I hold a finger to my lips to silence Mitsuhide. "I saw you two headed back here and I wanted to talk to you and spend time together as-"

I let out a curse as Obi opens the door and I quickly jerk my tunic over to cover myself.

"Obi! Get out!" I snap as Mitsuhide freezes above me. Useless.

"My eyes..." He whimpers as he turns around. "I saw... My sister..."

"That's what you get for not knocking, Stupid. Now go."

"Mitsuhide is touching my baby sister..."

"Obi! Go!" I repeat and he finally leaves the room and closed the door. "Well, that was not how I pictured my first time..."

"I can fix that." Mitsuhide smirks before pressing his lips to mine.