Chapter 9: Alex's Pregnancy

As usual, I got ready for work and got a quick breakfast and see Davina having nausea. I didn't think it's a big deal but it was Alex having nausea. My head was going crazy and asking why does she have nausea. I took me a sec to figure out that Alex was so pregnant and so I asked her if she's pregnant. She laughed in my face saying that would be impossible since she couldn't have kids. I told her it could be a blessing in disguise. Alex continues with what do you mean a blessing. I reply with we're gonna go to the gas station and find pregnancy test and is your period late. Alex said come to think of it, I am late on my period. Davina comes in and ask what are we talking about. Alex replies with nothing you know boys. Davina asks me to take the kids to daycare and on my way back to work to get some books and some milk for Clara. Davina was in charge for 5 months since Taylor is touring the United States. Davina walks away with a smile. I told Alex I will met her home when I get back from work. I went and got Kailin and Noah. I got their lunches and the pay check for the daycare. I helped get in the back seat and put their seat belt on. I drop them off at day care. I went to work and started my shift. 

12 hours later, I returned home and picked up the kids. Davina and her kids spent some time together while Alex and I drove to a gas station to avoid the paparazzi. I ask her to get out of car and buy that test. Alex says fine I'm going. She comes back and she bought the test. We get home just in time for dinner. Clara and Davina asks us where you guys at. I had lie for Alex saying that I went back to work since I forgot my wallet in my locket.  And Alex responded with I wanted to have some fresh air to that's why I came with her. Davina nods with glad you made it to dinner.  Late at night, Alex took the test and it said positive. 

The next morning,  I drop off the kids of usual and went to work then I spotted Alex in my co-worker, Sierra Wyatt, who is a OB GYN doctor (OB stands for obstetrician and GYN stands for gynecologist).To be clear, Alex and I don't work in the same hospital. Also  I couldn't ask my co-worker since doctor and patient confidentiality. I saw her sneak out of the hospital but I continued working on patients. Before leaving, I was paged by a Ed doc in my hospital and the ambulance found a women unconscious in a Starbucks. I took me a few seconds to realize it was Alex.  I ask what is your condition. The paramedic continues with pregnant  14 weeks women. I page my co-worker, Sierra. She arrives and does a surgery and in doing so the baby didn't survive due to the fact that I hadn't grown fully to survive the surgery.  I finally called Davina, Taylor and Clara about Alex's condition. They came in panic and I assured them that Alex is okay. 

When Alex wakes up, she ask where is she. I explained to her that she passed out and she had a high blood pressure. We're both doctors so I explained to her that the pressure was pressed on her baby and she needed surgery. Also explained that the baby didn't have a chance at survival. Alex replies with so I'm not pregnant. I said to her unfortunately, yes. She asks me did you treat me. I replied with her with Look it was my professional decision to save you instead of  you dying. And give a chance to an embryo who will not survive due to it lack of developpement. Not on my watch. I comfort Alex with Davina, Taylor and Clara.