Social media

You could say this is a filler chapter, but I personally would call it character building.

This chapter title hits close to home for me, I've always had issues with body confidence. The thing is, I've always been slim growing up and people would constantly shame me for being 'skinny' and I guess I just began to listen to them. I've always looked at people's pictures on Instagram and thought, I want to look like them.

so I can't wear crop tops or bikinis

But remember this, the photos are taken on days where people feel confident, when they look their best. You should not bring other people's confidence down because you are jealous of what they have. You should celebrate the fact that you are yourself, and that whether you are happy or not, there is always something you can do to be healthier. That doesn't mean you need to lose or gain weight, THAT MEANS THAT YOU CAN EAT MORE VEGETABLES AND PUT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH FIRST.

In this time of uncertainty, just feel happy to be alive, and seize every opportunity that you can.

It had been almost a week since the party and whizzer was beginning to return to his normal self around Marvin.

In the end, Marvin didn't face the 'walk of shame' instead he jumped, well actually fell, out of the first storey window. Then limped to the nearest coffee shop and tried to relieve his hangover, drinking about four coffees before wandering around campus. He ended up standing in front of the bench with Whizzer sitting there, his head in his hands, and a cigarette dangling from his long, elegant fingers.

It kind of turned Marvin on.

"You smoke?"
"You're a stalker?"
An irritated whizzer retorted.

And there they were, the walls that stopped whizzer from ever opening up to people. It was difficult for him, he was a hopeless romantic with commitment issues and he often scoffed about that fact saying that "there were no novels written with that plot, everyone seems to get their Prince Charming"

"No I don't smoke, only when-," Whizzer took a long drag from the cigarette, blowing a small smoke halo into the sky "-It doesn't matter"
"Oh I get you, when you get the urge, because you're a smoker" Marvin replied, a condescending edge lacing his voice.
"No, when I have a panic attack, moron"

There was a heavy silence, so charged a single spark would make it explode. And for once, Marvin noticed it and decided to leave Whizzer alone.

It took a while for Whizzer to stop acting awkward around him, Marvin didn't understand why until the conversation he had with Mendel the night of the party surfaced into his memories.

"He's never had sex with the same person twice"

And that was what led him to the realisation that he was the exception, so instead of trying to talk to Whizzer, he just observed him and noticed some of his habits.

As it turned out, Whizzer had many habits. Every morning, he would excuse himself to take a long shower, then drink tea. Marvin had learnt not to speak to Whizzer until he had drunk his tea. He also noticed that Whizzer would check his phone instantly after he got a notification, but he would hardly ever actually reply, instead he would continue with what he was doing. Exactly ten minutes later he would stop and get out his phone, replying to whatever he had received.

And then Marvin noticed the final obvious thing. Almost every night, Whizzer would go out late, some mornings he would see him sleeping in his bed, and wondered what time he got back. Other times Whizzer would return in the morning while Marvin was getting ready. Sometimes he came back with a slight limp, a couple of times he came back very hoarse and other times he would complain of 'sore or bruised knees', which took a while for an oblivious Marvin to understand, but one fact was unanimous, he would always return in the previous nights clothes.