This biotch

The first week went by in a blur, the change of pace exciting for Marvin, but very soon afterwards, it began to drag again. His date with Trina was nice, but nothing special. He found her slightly irritating, the way she would giggle and how she seemed to pretend to be stupid. Small things like that were easy to ignore but the big issue was Whizzer. When he thought about him, his heart would race and he knew he would do anything to help him. If whizzer asked him to jump off of a building he would, no questions asked. All the same, he asked Trina out several times over the next week.

Whizzer would get back to the dorms just to walk in on Marvin and Trina tucked under a blanket watching a movie together, and feeling awkward, would leave instantly. Being with Trina felt exhausting to marvin, she would constantly talk at him, but about things that were simplistic and easy. Trina seemed to have no substance in his opinion, her only purpose was to make people happy. She was beautiful, he would always admit that, but she just wasn't...

Whizzer. And she would never be him.

But after three dates in two weeks, she began to put pressure on him, hinting to exclusivity and being his girlfriend. He had never had a relationship before, it all felt too sudden and grownup for his liking, so he pretended to be oblivious.

"Hey Marv?"
"What's up?"

He had given up on correcting Trina, she thought pet names were sweet. They had bumped into each other on Marvin's walk to his maths class, one of the only times he had peace.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out this weekend, there's a cute coffee shop nearby."
"Sure!"

She kissed his cheek and bounced off to her next class, he quickly wiped it, trying to rub off the lip gloss she had left on it and tried to savour the remainder of his walk to class. It was one of the only times he was alone and left to think about his current predicament, but the moment had been spoiled by her, and he sighed as her perfume clung to him, suffocating him with its floral scent.

His feet dragged as he walked up the lecture theatre to his seat next to Whizzer and sat down in the most dramatic fashion possible.

"Hi."

If you have ever watched the tv show, friends, you would be able to recognise the way Marvin said the word. It sounded like when Ross first walked into central perk in the very first episode.

If you have not watched friends then you should.

"What's up-" whizzer looked up from his phone to see Marvin, pink sticky stain on his face, and choked back his laughter.

"Oh nothing," he rubbed his cheek again

Whizzer broke, laughing loudly at how Marvin had made matters worse for himself by touching it.

"Come here-" he laughed. He licked his finger and began to rub Marvin's cheek, doing the classic 'Mum stain' thing. -" there, much better!"

"Thanks" Marvin felt as though sparks were where Whizzer touched him.

"No problem, how are you and trina, I'm guessing this is her doing?" He pointed at the smudgy cheek.

Marvin sighed," good I guess, we're going on another date."

"Oh."

Whizzer tried to make his jealousy unseen, but it was easily noticeable to Marvin, and sparked ideas about using dating Trina just to win the game.

His mind wandered throughout the day, questioning whether it was moral to 'use' trina or not.

"Hey Mendel-" whenever he didn't know what to do he would phone Mendel, he always seemed to be able to help,"- is it ever okay to 'use' someone?"

"What are the terms?"
"Is it okay if you're trying to make someone jealous?"
"Nope not okay."
"Oh"

The day ended as quickly as it began. Marvin went back to the apartment and tried to get some of his work done. He was struggling in Maths as he got distracted in almost every lesson, and found it frustrating how Whizzer understood it all.

"Guess who!"
Someone quickly covered Marvin's eyes

"Come on Whizzer, will you leave me alone?"
"Nope, come with me."
"Whizzer..."
"Keep your eyes closed."

Whizzer pulled Marvin up and lead him, blind, through winding corridors and suddenly the wind hit Marvin and he wondered where they were as he got chilly from the cold outside.

"Whizzer..."
Marvin whined, reeling from the cold.

"We're almost there."

They walked a few minutes more, Whizzers hand pressed over Marvin's eyes and finally they stopped.

"Alright, you can open your eyes..."

Whizzer removed his hand and stepped back as Marvin opened his eyes.

"What do you think?"

In front of him, the warm candle light sparkled and shone through a weeping willows bow, he took a step forward, pushing through the long tendrils of the tree and instantly gasped as he saw the scene in front of him.

"You did this for... me?"

He slowly walked to the small picnic blanket in the centre of the den and turned back to whizzer, admiring the lanterns that he had hung from the branches and bows of the willow. The warm glow had softened the look on Whizzers face, casting shadows over it that defined his jawline, his check bones and in that moment Marvin realised that he was most definitely not straight.

"Yeah..." whizzer replied, he put his hand to the back of his neck and quickly diverted his gaze from Marvin to his feet, nibbling at his cheek slightly.

"It's incredible."

The two boys sat there until the sky became pink and the stars began to disappear. They discussed everything, a bottle of wine between them as they told each other their deepest fears and darkest secrets. They talked about their families and the crimes they had committed, the first time they had sex and the jobs they wanted when they were younger.

Time stopped that night and for the first time since they met, they just talked. They did not try to make each other jealous, or horny they just became friends.

And then, as whizzer was telling him about the time his mom walked in while he was trying weed for the first time, and he was laughing that silvery laugh of his, Marvin felt the throbbing his chest.

The feeling that made him wander what he would do if he ever lost Whizzer.