Silk curtains and bedsheets

Okay I'm sorry but it turns out I missed out chapter 11 way back, it's called heart flutters, so you may want to read it but yeah, hope you enjoy this chapter

Days became long, and school became boring. Just as Whizzer had said, he did not go on another bender until early December. Marvin became antsy leading up to it, every time whizzer did not come back home, he would call him, often he would not pick up until hours later, telling him he was fine.

That marvin had nothing to worry about.

But then one weekend, he did not reply and Marvin sat by his phone, not leaving the apartment until he got the call, late in the night.

"Hi Marv, mind picking me up?"

His voice was floaty, full of giggles and part of Marvin loved it.

Loved him.

He tracked Whizzers phone to an abandoned house, entirely wooden, creaking with every gust of wind. Whizzer stood outside, swaying with the house, and upon seeing Marvin he lit up.

"Baby, baby, I missed you!" He giggled as he staggered towards the convertible.

"Come on Whizzer, we need to get out of here, it's giving me the creeps." But he could not help but feel a slight flutter inside as whizzer called him baby.

Whizzer reached out for the door of the car but missed, falling to the floor, still enveloped in laughter. Marvin groaned and got out, lugging Whizzer up to his feet.

"Hey Marv..." Whizzer wiggled his eyebrows at Marvin, falled into him. "I think I did some drugs" he whispered into his ear, before his silvery laugh echoed through the empty street.

"Uh huh, do you know which ones?"

Instead of replying Whizzer stumbled into Marvin and kissed him. But this time it was delicate, meaningful as he lightly traced hearts into the back of Marvin's neck. Marvin sighed into the kiss, but quickly remembered the state he was in. He broke it, opening the car door for Whizzer, and sat him down gently.

Then he walked around the car, regret fuelling each step. They sat in silence for almost twenty minutes, Whizzers drug addled state making him stare at everything, brain working double time just to understand them until finally he broke the silence.

"Baby, you know I love you."
"What?!"

Marvin swerved the car as whizzer said it, heart pounding.

"I really like you, but when I said we should play the game it was because I didn't know how to have a relationship. I was scared, and I still am. I just... I just wish I could have told you that first week, instead of playing mind games with you."

"Whiz... I..."
"Please don't tell sober me I said it, I might kill myself."

He laughed, but it was hollow, empty and it scared Marvin. It was as though it was really not a joke. And then he fell asleep leaving Marvin to process what had just happened.

Marvin ended up inviting his closest friends to spend New Years at his house. Since half of them celebrated Hanukkah and half of them celebrated Christmas, he could not really drag them away from their families. He, on the other hand, spent the holidays alone. His Mum had moved out after the divorce and his Dad, well he was god knows where.

He came to the conclusion that his family hated him, so when the twenty fifth came rolling in, he let all the staff go home, and spend Christmas with their family. So he was left with a giant house to himself.

And felt lonely. Not because he had a large house with only him to fill it, but because he felt like no one cared.

He could not have been more excited when the thirty first of December came and he could actually talk to people who were not afraid he would fire them. So when he heard the butler call for him in the evening, saying he had guests, he practically fell down the large ballroom like staircase in excitement.