Interlude with the lesbians

This was meant to be happy, but I actually consider some of the middle some of my best writing ngl

Summer was a fun blur for Charlotte and Cordelia, they stayed together, switching between each other's houses. Their parents loved their relationship, shipping them harder than even Whizzer did.

They did everything that they had ever wanted to do, quite a lot of the time it ended in sex, but for them the sex was special. Together they were whole, and healthier because of it.

They drove out to the nearest beach, camping there for several days. In the mornings they would curl up together, listening to the waves crash on the sand as the sun came up. During the day, they would buy ice creams, sharing the different flavours and at night they would skinny dip in the ocean. The sea was warm and they would try and splash each other with the water, until one of them would scoop the other up, so they were clinging to them and kiss, the sea water mixing with their warm breath, making their kisses salty, filling them with giggles.

When it rained they just danced in its warm sticky feeling, smiling and laughing, forgetting everything that was bad.

One day they decided to drive out to where Marvin lived, stopping on the way as the sky darkened. They parked Charlotte rusty old truck on a cliff edge and lay on the bonnet as the sun set, holding hands in the silence.

"I love you Charlotte."

Cordelia was the first to say it, smiling to her, the joy making her fizz inside.

"I love you too."

And they just stayed on the hood of the truck, every now and again, one of them pointing out a constellation. Their fingers entwined together and they clung on to one another tightly until they fell asleep.

-

They arrived at Marvin's house in the early afternoon of the next day, surprising him with baked goods Cordelia had made for him. He accepted them graciously, but Charlotte quickly took them off of his hands as he spat one out, putting a quick thumbs up to her. They spent the day in Marvin's large living room, just catching up.

"So Marv, what have you been up to?" Cordelia asked.

"Marv-in, come on Cordelia you know I hate you calling me that!-" he laughed for the first time in a while, the feeling foreign to him. "- I've just been staying here, moping around, feeling lonely as fuck."

Cordelia smiled before a serious look crossed her face, "What happened to Whizzer, he just left last term without saying bye or anything?"

Marvin looked away, quickly wiping his eyes," Something happened between us, I don't really want to talk about it."

"So are you living here alone?" Charlotte asked.

"Yep, I haven't heard from my Dad in months, and my Mum is somewhere in Europe, maybe at the end of summer I'll go visit her."

Charlotte and Cordelia stayed with him for a few days, and they noticed tiny things that were different about him. He sometimes seemed to forget what he was doing, wandering around the house deep in thought. Cordelia would often sit with him, stroking his hair as he cried, refusing to talk about what it was about. So she just whispered soothing words in his ear, trying to calm him down.

"You know you can always tell me what's going on Marv, you're one of my best friends."

"Not yet, it's too fresh."

When they left him alone again, he just stayed in bed, waiting there until he could face the world.

-