Something bad is happening

We are literally almost finished, I've already written the last couple of chapters so I'll probs release them later tonight all at once. Anyway I'll probably leave some questions at the end of the last chapter for yall to answer if you want to, please do otherwise I'll feel kinda embarrassed 👍👍

Whizzer would often sit outside, wrapped up in a scarf and a hat, sometimes sketching out new designs or figuring out hard maths questions that he did not understand during the lesson. The cold air made him feel alive, and as he sat alone on the picnic bench like he did almost every week, he had a small window of time to reflect on himself.

It was coming up to the October half term, and the first month of school had been slow, he really could not wait to go home for the holidays! It was a particularly cold day, and he could see the tiny water droplets beginning to freeze on the metal fixings of the bench, and his breath would hang in the air. He took a sip of the coffee he had brought with him after his shift at the cafe and began to splutter at how hot it was, quickly grabbing a tissue out of his pocket to cough into.

He started to sketch a long autumnal themed dress, using the orange leaves around him as inspiration, his sketchbook balanced on his lap. He liked the quiet, he could hear the slight rustle of leaves as they fell from the trees and the swooping of the birds, their high pitched twittering, song like to his ears. The peace of the moment was ruined by the loud noise of his phone, and he sighed as he got it out of his pocket, biting off one of his gloves to unlock it.

His face softened as he saw it was from marvin, and he felt the butterflies appear in his stomach when he saw the photo Marvin had sent him, it was a selfie of the two of them, the caption read 'almost a year ago'. He felt as though he could not tear his eyes away from Marvin, the beer he was holding up to the camera, his eyes bright as his smile was wide, the way he was gripping onto Whizzers chest. Then Whizzer saw himself and frowned slightly, noticing how much he had changed. He got up, looking at his reflection in the nearest puddle and even through the uneven water, he could see how his cheeks had hollowed, how he seemed much paler than before, but he quickly brushed it off, texting back a gif of Andrew rannells licking his lips in his Tony performance of 'I believe' from the Book of Mormon.

Then he packed up his stationary and went to the dorms, he was about to step into the elevator when he decided there was somewhere else he needed to go.

-

"So you're not going home this time?" Cordelia asked Marvin as she painted his nails, after much protesting.

"Nope, I've decided that I'd much rather be here than that fucking massive house. I don't even think I can call it my 'home' not a single room in there has a touch of personality!" He said, blowing on the hand that Cordelia had already done. He hated to admit it, but he thought he looked pretty good with it on, the dark blue complementing the brown in his eyes. "Also I don't think I've seen my parents for over a year now which is disconcerting to say the least. My Dad is off doing god know what, or who, and my Mum is, I think in France at the moment, I'm not sure. Every now and again I'll see her face in a tabloid."

"How are your parents so rich?" Cordelia asked curiously as she concentrated on his nails.

"My mum was a model, or something and my dad inherited a shit tonne of money, made one good investment in college after his parents died and became a lawyer for 'the stars'" he said it in a baby like voice.

"Is that why you want to become a lawyer?"

Marvin thought about it for a second," I guess so. I never really had anything I wanted to do, so I think I just subconsciously decided I'd do what my Dad does." He shrugged," what are you doing for the holidays?"