Hanzo Arc: Chapter 1: Close Encounters

"Wait up Kacchan!" I yelled out as we ran through the woods. "Ya gotta be faster than that Deku, it's right up here!" Kacchan yelled back as I followed him as best I could. Kacchan had said that he found an abandoned building in the woods and wanted me and three of our other friends to come and check it out. They were too scared to come along and I'm scared too but, Kacchan is strong so I know we'll be fine.

"There it is." Kacchan pointed out as he came to a stop. The building looked really old, there were vines growing up the walls and the window glass was shattered and dirty. It looked disturbing with signs all around that said to stay away. "Kacchan should we really be here?" I asked as he grinned. "Don't wuss out on me now Deku, not after coming this far, and besides it'll be fine, remember your looking at the son of a legendary martial artist, my mom showed me plenty of moves, any wild animal comes near us and I'll tear 'em to shreds." He proclaimed as the two of us moved closer. We were only middle schoolers at the time, we believed that nothing could hurt us. We were incredibly wrong.

As we stepped in we could eerily hear the wind blowing through the house. Inside were all kinds of messages, 'Never Again, You were warned, Death Awaits, Fried Chicken with pepper.' "See Deku, people are just dumb and wrote these for fun, we'll be fine." Kacchan assured me as we began to explore the house. My mind was telling me to leave but, I didn't want to leave Kacchan alone. "Hey Deku get over here, look at this." He called out and I ran over, he was holding a smashed picture frame with a faded photo still inside. It was a man with long black hair standing next to a woman that had green hair. They were holding a child, a little girl it seemed, they were smiling. "What do you think happened to them?" I asked. "Don't know, maybe they had to leave quickly and left it behind." Kacchan answered as we put it down and continued to explore the house.

After an hour we were finally done and Kacchan decided we should go home since he was bored. I agreed with him and we began to head out. On our way though, I tripped and cut my hand opened, the cut oozed out blood. "Crap." I spoke and reached for a tissue from my pocket. "You loser!" Kacchan yelled and wrapped a handkerchief around my hand. "You're lucky my mom forces me to carry that thing around." He spoke as we suddenly felt something terrifying. A sense of dread and pure fear as we heard something closing in on us. It rounded the corner and we witnessed something terrifying.

 It rounded the corner and we witnessed something terrifying

"W...What is that thing?" I asked Kacchan who stood there frozen. "K...Kacchan?" I spoke trying to get his attention. "Deku get up, we need to get out of here." He whispered as I slowly stood. It stood there just looking at me and Kacchan until it let put a mighty howl and charged at us. "RUN!" Kacchan yelled as he grabbed my arm and tore through the house as fast as we could with that monster right behind us. "What is that thing?" "I don't know Deku but, I think it wants us dead!"

We had no idea of what would happen, we were naïve, we were just a couple of dumb kids that wandered where they didn't belong, so, did we really deserve this, to be killed by some monster that we had no knowledge of and no one had seen, deep in the woods where our corpses would never be found, if it even left one.