Chapter 2

Amity's POV

These 2 years have been kind of difficult, but with certain troubles arise good arises with it. My mother and Ms.Lilith had started dating. I started working on more stuff than Abomination. Gus and Mattolomule started dating. There both quite happy to be together.

Then there are the troubles. Amber has come on hard. James has been flirting uncontrollably. The twins and the others have tried to get me to feel better but there is this dark deep sadness that just won't go away. Mauve has been trying to help me as well.

Luz looked a little different. Her features were sharper. When I hugged her I felt more that she was more muscular. Her hair was a little longer but still short. I didn't miss the little fading scar peeking out from her shirt. I would stare at it a little as we talked.

"Um before you show me the gift. What's this?" I ask as I gently trace the scar. She didn't wince she just looked down on it. It must have been pretty old. She scratched the back of her neck.

"Oh well people decided to pick me as a target and we'll this was a result of me fighting back." Luz explains as she gently fidgets with a sizable box. She stared for a while.

"What's the matter Luz?" I ask a little concerned. A smile smile grew in her face as she gently reached out. I could help but flinch back screwing my eyes shut. She gently stroked my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes. I take a deep breath trying to calm myself.

"Are you okay? I've noticed you haven't eaten much mi estrella(my star)" she asks as she gently moves closer to me. I lean into her touch. I gently wrap my fingers around her wrist keeping it in place.

"Yeah just still having complications." I whisper as I use my other hand to fidget with my necklace. She gently  brushed her thumb on my cheek. She had a gentle smile on she face. She gently placed the gift on the table. She cradled my face before giving me a little Eskimo kiss.

"Since you have been trying really hard. I thought of giving you this gift I customized it with a picture of us. " Luz explained as she handed me the sizable box. I gently lifted the lid to the box and pulled out a sphere. It was a pale gray anyway you turned you saw a picture of us. There was a soft glow to the sphere.

 There was a soft glow to the sphere

"It's the moon of the human realm. My mom gave this to my dad when they were dating. I thought hey maybe you would like it." Luz explained running her hand through her hair. I send her a smile. As I gently place the sphere into the box and the box on the table. I wrap my arms around her.

"Thank you Luz." I whisper as I nuzzle into her neck. She pulled me closer to her,"you welcome my star." I feel Mauve tug on my sleeve. I pull away from the hug with Luz and pull Mauve into one. A small knock was heard on The door.

"I'll get it." Gus shouts as he rushes over to the door. I didn't really care about the person at the door until I hear the familiar voice of my brother and sister. I gently turn my head to look at my siblings.