Chapter 7

Luz POV

I noticed Amity's distance. I did noticed how she would often check her neck. I noticed how she would look a James with fear.and from the Looks of things it seemed he knew full well why she was acting that way. I took noticed how Gus would glare at both Amity and Mattolomule. He glared at Amity for being the reason him and Matt ever actually dated. He glared at Mattolomule with longing and hatred.

It was now gym time and we were getting changed in the girls locker room. Amity didn't waste time changing she just changed. She was the first one in and the first one out. I was beginning to change trying my best to be quick about it when I heard the most ridiculous thing.

"Yeah I heard Amity is afraid of James because during a party they got drunk and she woke up at his house naked." Some random girl stated as she finished up. Another girl piped up," I heard that Mattolomule and Augustus broke up because Amity decided to force Mattolomule to cheat. The betrayal and to her own friend too." I bit my tongue trying not to hurt these gossiping arseholes. One more girl was about to say something when I had enough. I shoved the girl out of my way like really hard that she landed on the floor. I took my exit.

"I can't believe those m.. ugh! How does she just sit there and take it?!" I ask frustration evident in my voice. I act before I think and throw a punch at the wall. So hard that there's a crack on it and almost a fiat shaped Hole. I didn't feel pain I wasn't bleeding perks of being a freaking werewolf. I heard quite sniffles from around the corner. I peek past the corner to see Amity on the floor clawing at her neck and whimpering in pain.

"I f*cking hate you James! I know your listening you b*stard!" Amity shouted as she leaned her head back. And as she predicted James walked out of the shadows a wicked smile on his face.

"Oh hello to you too, Amity. I bet you heard the rumors about us. Oh how I wish they were true! I bet you already know who began them. Your excruciating smart." James said as he kneeled down to be at her level. I feel my claws retract as I'm he places a hand on Amity's face.

"She came by here earlier. She was really happy to see her little light." James stayed as he pulled her face so she would look him directly in the eyes. She went to slap him but last minute her claws came and so did blood. James growled as he squeezed the bite. Amity bit her lip as the pain ran through her body.

"You b*tch I'm saving you. If i didn't do anything Amber would have killed you by now!" James confessed. Amity looked at the ground,"I don't give a damn." James scoffs before squeezing the bite. Amity places a hand over her mouth muffling a scream of pain. I can't take it anymore! I was able to see how the 2 years have treated James. He had shaggy hair. Oddly spiked too. His features were sharp and he had a weird look in his eyes.

Once again I act before I think

Once again I act before I think. All I had in my mind was protecting Amity. I turned into the wolf and pounce on James. Amity was leaning against the wall weakly. I growl down at the guy. I grab his cloths and drag him over to the edge of the hall. I quickly transform back. I take out my fire glyph and slap it on him. So hard he shoots out of the hall and lands on the floor his cloths on fire.

"Do That again and I'll make sure to cut your F*cking sex off you b*stard!" I shout I rush back over to Amity to see that she wasn't there anymore she was trying to limp away. I walk up behind Ami. I gently wrap my arms around her and pull her into a small hug.

"How do you do this?" I ask as I hid my face in her hair. She gently turns to look at me before leaning on me,"we should really take you to the owl house I bet Eda can help you." Amity shook her head.

"No she's done so much I can't be a burden again." She whispers as she tries to stand up again. "Amity we should really get you some help." I press on. Amity takes a deep breath once again. She winces in pain and collapses into my arms. She clawed at her neck. She pulled it back to take a look at it to see that it was bleeding.

"Amity please. I want to help you but I can't help someone who does want help." I explain as I gently brush some hair from her face. She winces in pain again. I look at her neck to see that it wasn't bleeding. No evidence of blood.

"How-" I begin but amity cuts me off,"James beast. I've been trying to figure out why it does that. Willow is also trying to figure out what, how, and why.  She's been giving me some herbs to drink to numb the pain." I shift is slightly so she would be laying against me and I would be laying against the wall.

"Does it hurt right now?" I ask as I gently run my hand through her hair. She shakes her head,"I think I'm good now Luz. " I open my mouth to complain but Amity places a finger against my lips.

"If it happens again I'll tell you. I promise." She stands up staggering a little and extends her hand out to me,"once you feel bad I'm getting you out of class no matter who, what, or how." My time serious and concerned. She nods her head in understanding.

"Good to hear. Now let's go my star we have class to get to." I gently take her hand in mine. I gently lead her back to the field. I noticed how she tried to not wince with every step she took.

"Um Amity here let me carry you to the field." I suggest as I get ready to pick her up piggy back style,"I'm okay Luz no- whoa hey!" While Amity was rejecting my offer I had picked her up.

"Shh shh let me have this." I whisper as I cradle her in my arms. I spin her around. I lean my forehead against her's before pressing my lips to her in a small kiss.

"I love you." I whisper once we pulled away. A small smile grows on her face. It didn't seemed forced like the one in class. It didn't seem strained like the one before.

"I love you, too." She whispers back as she leans her head onto my shoulder. A smile painted on her face,"are you sure I can't walk to the field?" I shake my head in amusement,"of course...you can't. Like I would let my princess walk all the way to the field. To hell with that idea."  I hear a small giggle coming from Amity. How much I've missed that sound.