Chapter 6

Amity POV

After Luz went to help Boscha with the pillows I stood up from the bed and headed towards the window. I drew a spell circle and summoned Mauve. I sat on the ledge near the window and looked out towards the beach. I remember the day Luz and I first kissed. It was amazing. I remember my father. I know I'm supposed to hate him and I promised never to call him my dad but I can't help but miss him. The old him. The one who would sneak me out at night to teach me about the stars in the sky. I cradle Mauve close to me. I subconsciously touch the bite.

"Hey" I heard Luz whisper as she walks up to me. I look up at her. She was fidgeting with something in her pocket. I tilt my head in confusion,"Luz are you okay?" Concern laced in my voice. She gently sat across from me a smile painted on her face.

"Yeah I'm just happy you know? Happy to be with you right now. Happy to be able to actually hug you and kiss you." Luz states as she leans her head back against the frame,"ever since I left I would wish to just have you in my arms again. To kiss you." She sat up a little,"as a matter of fact I got in trouble at school one day. I was thinking about you in class and I started drawing you on everything. That includes my test. I failed it. Even though it was a poor grade I hung it in the fridge. Do I can see you every time I went down stairs because I couldn't sleep I would see you." She stands up and heads for the bed. She sits down and pays the spot next to her. Without hesitation stand up and sit down next to her. I lean my head on her shoulder and Interlaced our fingers. I feel her press a kiss on my head.

"Well we need to head to bed we got Hexside to attend to. " Luz announces as she plops down On The bed. I gently lay myself besides her. She wraps her arms around me pulling me close to her. She mumbles a small good night before nuzzling into my neck. I slowly run my hands through her hair before letting sleep consume me properly for the first time in a long time.

I woke up to the sound of light humming. I still had my eyes closed but I was conscious. Luz was gently creasing my hair."I wonder why you flinch. Is it something I did? I hope not I don't want you to be afraid. Was it Amber? I really hope not I don't want to get revenge so suddenly." She asked to no one but herself as she continued to play with my hair. She gently let her hand rest on my cheek.

"Your still hurting. Your trying to keep away from everyone. Like you said your defense mechanism. I wish I was there to protect you. " she whispers to herself. I wanted to say it was okay. To say that I'll get better. She's here now after all. The bite mark begins to sting. It's not Luz she isn't leaning or touching it. So why does it hurt? Luz pulls away.

"Oh no did I touch one of the bruises? I'm so sorry I didn't mean to." Luz apologized as she brought her hand back to her side. I gently take her hand in mine and pull up to my face pressing a gentle kiss on her hand.

"No your fine." I whisper as I gently open my eyes. Luz sighs in relief,"wait you where awake?" I nod as I gently stroke her wrist with my thumb. I sigh contently.

"Your probably right about the I'm hurt thing. You didn't touch the bite it just hurts." I explain she looks at me with confusion,"like all by itself?" I nod as I gently close my eyes. I wince again. Luz was ready to pull her hand away but my hand kept her hand right where it was.

"I'm ok. I'm ok. What time is it?" I ask as I open my eyes once again to look at the girl in front of me,"it's 7:45 I'm guessing you should get ready for school." I nod as I get up from the bed. I rush to the bathroom to do my morning routine. Once I finished I head towards Luz's room. She wasn't there. I walk down the stairs to see that she was sitting on the couch with the others. I now took noticed of what she was wearing. She was wearing a dark blue jeans and a button up shirt with a short sleeved purple button up shirt. Under neath the button up shirt she had a grey long sleeved shirt.

"Oh hey your done we better get going to school. Here I made it for you." Luz states as she hands me a small looking muffin. It was a chocolate muffin. The size of half my pinky.

"Let's get going I want to learn magic! Bye Eda Bye king!" Luz shouts as soon as she leaves the house. Boscha shakes her head,"even more magic than you already know?" Luz enthusiastically nods her head.

"Yep I want to learn as much as I can!" Luz shouts again. I take her hand in mine making her turn to face me.

I shove the muffin in her mouth shutting her up,"Luz it's about 8:25 or something people are still sleeping

I shove the muffin in her mouth shutting her up,"Luz it's about 8:25 or something people are still sleeping." She nods her head as she eats the muffin. She then kisses me. I was surprised to say the least.

"When ever your done we're about to be late for school. "Willow states with a small smirk on her face. I can tell she's happy I'm back to smiling again. She was there for me ever since Luz left. She saw how after a few weeks I started to stop smiling and laughing.

"Yeah let's get going." I say as I look over to Luz. She had some muffin on her face. I lick my thumb to get it off her face,"Ew gross." Luz says playfully as she rushes away. I ended up pinning her to the wall and wiping the chocolate off.

"There. Wasn't so hard was it?" I ask as I slowly pull away. I was about to go back to the friend group when the bite began to sting again. Willow and Luz shot me a worried look. I wave them off with a small smile on my face.

"I'm fine don't worry." I reassured they turn around a little uncertain about my response. The bite began to sting again. My hand shot to my neck. This one hurt a lot more than the others. This one hurt like if it was the first time I had gotten it. I stager a little my vision going blurry. I lean against the wall. I pull my hand away from my neck to see that it was bleeding again. I hear a soft voice familiar but it was muffled.

"Ami-. Amity. Amity!" Luz that's who's voice I'm hearing. Luz my girlfriend. I lean against her. My vision began to go back to normal it wasn't blurry anymore. I look up to look at Luz. She had a worried look on her face. I touch my neck again to see that it stoped bleeding. All evidence of blood gone. Did I really just imagine that?

"Amity are you okay?" Boscha asks as she helps me off the floor. Luz puts and arm around me keeping me from falling,"I'm okay. Just got a little dizzy." I inform. I know I didn't get dizzy. I can tell Willow knows just by that look she gave me. I look over to Luz. Concern was painted all over her face.

"I'm fine seriously." I reassured as I gently ruffle her hair. Wow it's really soft. I try to stand up straight and succeed in doing so,"we should get going to class now."

"Are you sure Amity? You don't look so hot." Luz says concern in her voice,"ouch." I say jokingly. Luz shakes her head in amusement,"you know what I mean." She takes my hand in her's.

"I'm sure I'll be alright. Don't worry ok. I'm fine. I'll tell you if anything does happen." I reassured as I gently brush her knuckles wit my thumb. She lets out a sigh,"ok but if that happens again so help me I'll drag you to the manor or the owl house." I give her a nod. Everyone goes back to walking towards the school. I look back to where I was and cringe. The evidence of blood on my neck is gone but not from the ground.