Chapter 40

Amity POV

I make my way to the owl house a skip in my step. I gently knock on the door,"hey Hooty Luz home?" Hooty began to speak when he was cut off by the door slamming open. Poor Hooty.

"Have you seen Luz?" Eda asks as she looks down at me. I shake my head,"no I thought she was here?" I began to worry after all where could have my girlfriend gone off to. Eda shakes her head,"saw here head into the woods but she hasn't come back yet."

"I'll go look for her" I volunteer. I begin to head in the direction of the woods when a giant dragon lands in front of me nearly crushing me. I slowly crawl backwards trying to get away from the dragon. When I see the familiar face of my beautiful girlfriend.

"Luz!? What...whoa hello." I say as the Dragon sniffs at me. It puffs out a small amount of frost landing in my hair and face. I gently wipe the frost from my face. The dragon bumps it's head against my face I gently pet it and it makes a weird purring time noise. Luz walks over to me and helps me off the ground. She had a familiar staff in her hand.

"Luz is that Azur-" I began but Luz finished it for me," Azura's staff? yes. Apparently I'm the descendent of Azura. Oh shut up you've told me already." Luz says as she pulls out her phone. She quickly diles in a number she pull the phone up to her ear.

"Mami(mom) you have some explaining to do. How come you never told me? Did you know yourself? I'll be bringing you to the boiling isles tomorrow morning. No excuses." Luz says into the phone before hanging up and pocketing her phone. I glance at the dragon and back at the cuts on Luz.

"Come on Luz we have to patch you up." I gently takes Luz's hand in mine. I lead her to the owl house. The dragon shrinks until it's the size of king. It jumps on Luz's shoulder and nuzzles into her neck. We enter the owl house and head for her room. She puts down the staff and lets the dragon crawl onto it. She pats it's head a little before searching for a shirt. She pulls out a shirt and prepared herself for the bandages and ointment. I quickly patch her up throwing worried and cautious glances to the dragon who sat on the staff. The dragon would glance at me and huff a little before pulling its attention to Luz. I quickly yet carefully bandage up my girlfriend.

"Why has she never told me about this?"  Luz murmurs before turning to the dragon,"stop making excuses for her." I add the final band aid onto Luz's face placing a gentle kiss on her New band aid. Luz pulls a grey short sleeved shirt over her head and goes to grab the staff but pulls away just before touching it. I exchange a look with the dragon.

"I'll be outside." Luz says as she leaves me in the room with the dragon palisman and my childhood hero's staff. The dragon huffs before climbing onto my shoulders. I slowly move to the door and head down the stairs. Once down stairs I sat in the couch wondering where Luz had want. Kind walks up to me and jumps onto the couch struggling a little to do so. He glares at the dragon who rolls it's eyes and moves so half of it is leaning on me and the other on the couch. King nods as a thank you before looking up at me.

"Rub my tummy peasant...please." King says I gently begin to scratch his tummy. King begins to move around as I scratch his stomach. He ends up laying down on my lap. A few minutes later soft snores were heard coming from the tiny demon. The dragon huffs a little before wrapping itself completely around my neck nudging my head slightly. I gently scratch under its chin and it begins to let a small amount of frost out from its nose. I laugh a little as it snuggles into my neck closing its eyes.

"Good job descendent of Hecate I haven't felt a chin scratch like that in centuries."A voice says out of no where I tense up at the voice. "Who's there?" I ask as I look around. No answer was given. A few more minutes pass and nothing happens. Maybe I just imagined it. I lean on the arm rest trying to think but my brain was in a haze. I feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier. One thought was left in my head as I accepted sleep. Descendent of Hecate?