Chapter 16

Amity POV

Dinner was already over and Mother still hasn't told us anything. I kept glancing at my mom as she glances at me. A small amused smile on her face. I feel my tail appear and swish behind me in annoyance. My lynx ears twitch at every little sound. I face palm as soon as my mom makes a joke. I growl and scrap my nails on the wood. Why am I so irritable? I feel something cold on my blazer.

"I'm so sorry Amity." Willow states as she grabs a napkin and tries to pat the water away. I put my hand up to stop her before sending her a smile,"it's okay I got it." I gently push away from the table and stand up. I head to the coat hanger. I pull my blazer off and hand it on my coat hanger. I slowly walk back but not before noticing how Luz was staring at me. I send her a small wink before sitting down.

"Ok ok I've been messing with Amity for to long

"Ok ok I've been messing with Amity for to long. I'll tell you how she survived." My mother spoke up after I sat down. My ears pipe up at this. I didn't noticed that my tail had wrapped itself around Luz's wrist.

"She survived because of her genes. On my line of the family we are a proud line of vampires. I tested Ed and Em for the Vampire blood in them," she gestured to her eldest children,"None was found. Theodore tested Amity and found some. I was able to raise Amity so she doesn't have many traits from her vampire side." I try to remember the tiny traits that weren't natural. I subconsciously bring my hand up to my mouth. My teeth.

"He must have injected you with something that made your vampire blood more apparent. That's why you haven't actually died of hunger nor if that fall." My mother finished as she talked a little with her hands. I subconsciously touch the bite,"i can't believe it. James knew that's why he made the beast bite me. " my mother nods her head. For the rest of dinner we talked more about my blood line. Why Ed and Em didn't have it? How I had gotten them? What my father had done?

-time skip-

I gently close the door behind Willow and the others. I had pulled Luz away. I wanted her to stay tonight. I know she missed me and I just want to be with her for a little longer. I gently take her hand in mine and pull her upstairs.

"Don't do anything without protection!" My mom shouts from the bottom of the stairs. I feel my face flush red,"Mom!!!!" I see Luz glare at the floor face red. I hear my mom laughing at my reaction. I face palm before taking her hand again and leading her to my room. I gently close the door behind us. I take a good look around my room to see that most of my books where piled on the desk and some by the foot of my bed.

"Have you been reading these?" I ask as I looked over to Luz. Her face was red as she scratched the back of her neck,"Yeah I just wanted to feel a little closer to you so I read most of the books. I really like this one." She picks up a book at the top of the stack on the desk.

"It has tiny doodles and notes for class. And half of the pages where full of drawings. I'm sorry I know it was an invasion of privacy but I just really missed you." Luz explained as she handed me the book. I gently take it from her and place it back on the desk. I slowly wrap my arms around her neck and pull her into a small kiss,"it's alright. Matter of fact when you left I spent weeks in your room." I smile at her a little. She presses her lips against mine in a gentle kiss. I deepen the kiss as I run my hands through her hair. I forgot that there was a bunch of books lying around and Luz tripped on one. She fell on the bed with me in her arms. She begins to laughing a little.

"That wasn't so funny. Was it?" I ask as i ruffle her hair. She just stairs at me a gentle smile I her face. I couldn't help but smile back. I noticed her looking at me up and down and raise an eyebrow in a silent question.

"What You look really hot in that outfit." She admits her face red before looking away,"oh look all these books need to be put back." She quickly gets up and picks up the books before rushing to the shelf. I stifle a laugh. She gently places the books back on my shelf in the order they were in. There was a soft beeping coming from Luz. She tilted her hand so she can get a better look at her wrist and checked her watch.

"Sorry Amity Eda wants me home." She says sadness in her voice. I shake my head in amusement,"here I'll walk you to the door." She nods as she places the last book on the shelf. We make our way to the door saying goodbye as we pass. We stop at the door.

"Can I please walk you home Luz?" I whine as I ran against the door frame. She sighs,"fine fine." I jump up a little I grab my blazer from the coat hanger and pull it on I turn to look at the kitchen,"I'll be walking Luz home mom!" I hear a small ok from the kitchen. I walk out the door before shouting," mom if your going to F*ck my teacher please try not to be so loud!" I heard something fall in the kitchen. I shut the door and takes Luz's hand in mine. We rush down the other until we're at the booths.

"Wow...so how long where you actually back?" Luz asked as she rubs circles on my hand. I think for a moment," since this morning. Ed found me at a beach. " she hums in response. We began to talk about what new things I'll be able to do. We arrive at the Owl House and stop at the door. Luz opens the door giving Hooty a tiny good evening. She leans in the door frame looking down at me.

"I guess this is where i have to head back." I state as I gesture behind me. Luz thought for a moment,"and maybe tomorrow I could take you to get...I dunno ice cream after school. We can go to the pond." I laugh a little,"Sure I'll see you school." Luz grabs into my tie and pulls me towards her crashing her lips against mine. I hum into the kiss as she gently wraps her arm around my waist. I run my fingers through her hair before gently cupping her face.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I whisper when she pulls away. She nods her head before giving me a small peck,"see you tomorrow. Sleep well." I send her a small wave before walking backwards away from her. She sends me one last smile before she closes the door. I turn around and make my way to my own home. Today was great.