Chapter 27

Luz POV

"Wow you draw pretty good Amity. Who's this?" I ask as I point at a tiny cat. She stiffens slightly before getting off of me. She extends her hand for me to take.

"I-ill show you. I was going to visit him anyway." She says as she looks over to the patio. I take her hand and stand up from the couch. She leads me through a small maze like garden before we reach a clearing. In the clearing was a mound of dirt and a flower on top.

"His name was Link. He was this cat I was taking care of until my father found out." Amity stops she takes a shaky breath," one day I came back from school and my father threw me into the closet. I heard him stalk up to my room and a loud pain filled meow. He stalked back downstairs and opened the closet." Amity's voice was filled with so much sadness. It broke my heart. So much.

"He had the knife in his hand and Link in the other. He told me that he was a distraction and that I should get rid of it. He handed me the knife and expected me to kill Link." Amity took a breath as she rubbed at her eyes,"I didn't do it. As a result he took away the knife saying I'm useless and then he..he stabbed...he stabbed Link. I couldn't help Link and I really wish I did." Amity now let the tears fall. They fell onto the grass. I felt anger boil in my blood. I gently wrap my arms around Amity pulling her close to me. I let her cry into my shirt after all it's just a shirt I can just wash it.

"It's alright. I've got you." I whisper sweet nothings as she continues to cry. I feel my claws retract. I'm going to kill that b*stard. I cradle the crying witch in my arms as I wish for a better way to help her. I decided to let her cry. She doesn't cry often. She often bottles it up.

-a few minutes later-

I pull out an illusion glyph and gently tap on it. I think about someone I know she's dying to meet. Amity has stopped crying by now and was now staring at what I was doing. When I was finished there sat a little girl about 2 years old. Her beautiful brown locks falling a little over her face. Her goofy yet adorable smile. She looked up at us with her beautiful golden irises.

"Amity Blight meet Bree Blight-Noceda." I whisper as illusion Bree crawled over to us. Amity leans her head against my shoulder she looked at Bree with amazement and adoration. She looked up at me," she's beautiful. Your getting pretty good with magic." Bree flickered as a blush grew on my face.

"Thanks. I can keep an illusion up as long as I focus on it." I explain Amity interlaced our fingers as she pulls me down so I'm laying on the grass. She smiles at me as she gently creases my face,"thank you Luz." I smiles at her. As I lean into her touch. A small ding makes us break contact. I pull out my phone to see that it was a text from my mom.

I can't wait to see you mija. I sort of told Eda to take you tomorrow.

"Why does she always do this?" I groan silently. I shake my head in amusement before putting it away. Amity turns her head a little unsure of what I meant.

"My mom seriously can't wait to see me so she speed up the date. We'll be going to the human realm tomorrow." I state as I turn to look at the sky. Amity sits up and grabs some flowers,"so we'll be going tomorrow. I'll have to pack up sooner then I thought." She says as she weaves the flowers together. She finishes faster then last time. She places the newly made flower crown on my head.

"You look so cute Luzzy!" Amity said as she ruffles my hair

"You look so cute Luzzy!" Amity said as she ruffles my hair. I feel my face flush and my ears press against my head. I scratch the back of my neck while looking at the floor,"the only cute thing here is you." Amity looks away blushing.

"We should head back I really should get packing." Amity says as she gets up. I smile at her as I get up," I'm so excited to show you all my favorite places." I run around her in circles. I'm far to excited for this. She laughs at my dog like behavior. She ruffles my hair before entering into the manor.

"Happy birthday! Amity you are now at age 16! Hopefully you don't grow any older." Amber said as she ruffle Amity's hair. Amity pushes her hand away and tries to fix her hair a faint smile on her face. We walk up to her room. I sit on her bed as she fills a small duffle bag with her clothes. Once she's finished she throws herself onto her bed next to me.

"So how do you think your mom will react to me?" Amity says nervously I wrap an arm around her shoulder and pull her close to me,"she'll love you." I fidget with the ring around my neck. I gently take the flower crown off and place it on the nightstand.

"Ohh I have to take you to a fair." I say excitement evident in my voice. Amity tilted her head to the side in confusion. That's so cute. I pull Amity closer to me as I pepper her face with kisses.

"You are too cute sometimes Mittens." I say as I continue to pepper her face with kisses. I pull away and lean my forehead against her own,"I love you Amity Blight." Amity begins to play with my hair,"I love you too Luz Noceda."