Chapter 15

Luz POV

After letting Mrs.Blight know I was in Amity's room I went to her room. I had been kicked out of the library again. 4th time this week, too. I look through the books on Amity's shelf and pick out the last book I needed to read. I had read most of the book on Amity's shelf. She had little drawings and notes on her books about her thoughts on certain things. This one was the last book on her shelf I needed to read. I noticed it was a scrap book. I gently open it to the first page.

-time skip-

I close the book and gently place it to the side. I had been looking through that book for more than 3 hours. There was a bunch of pictures if Amity, her friends, and just things you find in the boiling isles. There was a large part of the book that was doodles and notes for class. Little hacks and tips. I lean back on her bed and curl into a tiny ball.

I would do this hours on end. I would think back to everything me and Amity did. I close my eyes for just a moment. I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up it was already dinner time. I didn't want to eat anything so I just payed there. I close my eyes once more. I felt the bed dio down a little. Who could that be? I felt a gentle hand cup my face. I peek one eye open. In front of me lay Amity Blight. She was pail and her eye looked a little different. She had some bandages but not a lot.

"Please tell me my brains not being an a*shole. I can't take it again." The tears brim my eyes as the girl in front of me shakes her head sniffing a little," no it's really me Luz." She reassured as she gently stroked my cheek. I let the tears fall down my eyes as I gently take her hand in mine.

"It's really you. Your back how? I thought I wouldn't have you with me." I ask as I gently cup her face. She wiped the tears from my eyes," I Have no idea but my mom might know something." I lean my head against her's. I had so many questions but I just wanted to be with her. She was here. somehow.

"I've missed you so much." I whisper as I gently snake a hand around her waist. She gently wraps an arm around my neck," as soon as I was able to process things properly I wanted to go to you as soon as possible." Amity begins to play with the hair on the back of my head. I pull her closer to me.

"Why did you do that?" I ask she stops playing with my hair,"you could have let me get hit." She shakes her head,"I would rather get hit then let you get hurt. You mean to much to me. To a lot of people in fact." I feel a small growl I pull away from her,"but you mean way to much to me. Did you not think that maybe what you did would wound me too. I thought I had let you die." Amity shakes her head. She pulls up her shirt and unraveled the bandages on it.

"What do you see?" She asks as she gently takes my hand in her's. There was no absolutely no mark on her stomach. no burns. no scar. nothing. She unraveled the bandage on her arm. Again no scar. Nothing. I spotted a thin line before it completely disappeared.

"How?" I begin she shrugs her shoulders,"I have in the slightest idea of why or how. But I think there is one person who does." I open my mouth to ask a question when a small knock is heard,"Luz it's time for dinner. Oh I see you have found Amity bring her with you." Amity shakes her head at her mom before standing up. She extends her hand for me to take it.

"Come on, I wanna finish quickly so I can say 'hey' to everyone." Amity states as I gently put my hand in her's. I pull her down and crash my lips against her's. She slowly melted into the kiss. I slowly tilt my head deepening the kiss.

"As cute as this is, I really want to hang out with my best friend." Boscha states as she crosses her arms over her chest. Amity laughs during the kiss before pulling away from me and looking at Boscha. I zoned out as Boscha pulled Amity into a bone crushing hug. Normally Amity would jump when someone appears out of nowhere. Its almost as if she knew Boscha was coming.

"You coming?" Amity asks as she turns to look at me. I send her a smile and make a mental note of her behavior. I stand up as a smile paints itself onto her face. We walk down the stairs And towards towards the kitchen. Willow was sitting at the table looking down at the food barely touching it. Gus was across from her sending her a worried look. Edric and Emira day next to each other almost vibrating with excitement. Mrs.Blight spotted us and walked over to us.

"Amity you'll join in a moment. I have something to tell you. You girls can go sit down. We'll be right over." Mrs.Blight stated as she gestured to the table. I exchanged looks with Boscha before reluctantly heading to the table. We both sat down at the table before looking at Amity. I had sat down one seat away from Willow and Boscha sat next her. Her mom had said something and Amity looked down at her cloths before running off. Mrs.Blight walks to the table and sits down.

"Our guess should be arriving shortly." Mrs.Blight announces as she gestured to the stairs. There stood Amity Blight in a black tuxedo with a magenta button up and a black tie. I couldn't help but stare. How did she do that so quickly? She looks so hot.

 How did she do that so quickly? She looks so hot

"Amity?" I heard Willow ask under her breath. Amity walks down the stairs. Once she's at the bottom of the stairs she sits down next to me, but next to Willow. She gently takes my hand in her's.

"Welcome back Amity, but how?." Gus says as he gestures to her. Amity turns to her mom,"yeah mom how come I survived?" Mrs.Blight laughs at her daughter before taking a bite of what I hope is stake.

"I'll tell you all after dinner. But for now enjoy."  Mrs.Blight answers as she gestured to the food. "You better explain." Amity mumbles under her breath before taking a bite of the 'food'