Chapter 22

Amity POV

Class was boring as usual. The teacher had moved Luz's seat away from mine because we were passing notes. Well it was Luz who was passing notes and making faces. She was being so dorky but that's something I love about her.

"Miss.Amity!" I jumó at my teachers voice,"it seems that you aren't paying attention." I shrink back at her statement," you'll being staying for lunch and helping me with the children." I stiffen slightly. Mom's not going to be happy about this.

The bell screams signifying that it's time for our next class. I get up from my seat and prepare for my next class. I sensed the familiar presence of James. I sigh as I slam my head against my locker.

"What do you want James?" I sigh dejectedly as he leans against my locker. He does a hand motion with his hand but nothing happens. I glare up at him. He quickly hides his hand.

"Hrm just wanted to know what your going to do for Lunch." He asks I know he knows I'm being punished. A smile was painted on his face,"how do you think your Mom will react?" He nudged me. I roll my eyes and begin to walk away. I sense another familiar but different presence.

"James leave her alone. Your going to suffocate her damn." Amber shoves James away from me. Her presence felt different a little lighter and calmer. She sends me an sympathetic smile,"good luck with you punishment sorry you got it." She pushes James away as she walks away. She wave at me before completely disappearing. That's weird.

-time skip-

"Well you made it but your late." The teacher yells as they glare down at me. I look everywhere but them,"you will help that group with there light spell. The quicker they do it the sooner you go to lunch." They glare at me as I walk away. I notice that one of the children look familiar. Matthew.

"Hey guys." I greet Matthew jumps from his seat and over to me. He jumps into my arms,"miss,Amity! Is miss.Luz here?" I shake my head,"nope Miss.Luz isn't here. Just me. I heard you guys need help with your light spells?" Matthew pouts as he glares at the teacher.

"We don't need help. It's just that we were playing with the spell and that meany told us we could play." Matthew stated as he pouted and stomped his foot. I ruffled his hair a little before drawing a spell circle,"just act as if you just learned to do it and we'll all be able to get out of here." Every one nodded. The began to draw a small spell circle and a tiny ball of light appeared from each one of them.

"Good now we can leave." I announce as I stand up we all walk towards the teacher they looked a little shocked that I had walked up to them,"these children learned the spell they deserve to go out and play and I deserve to go to lunch. Now good day." I walk out of the room the kids close behind me. Matthew has his hand in mine as I walk them to the play ground.

"Thank you Miss.Amity" Matthew said as he gently hugs me. I ruffle his hair a little before standing up and heading in the direction of the lunch room. The halls were empty and quite but the thoughts in my head were pretty loud.

I got in trouble what would mom think. Dad used to throw me in the broom closet. Right after various...words and....bruises. Mom would never do that right? She wouldn't hit me or lock me away. Right? She could change as quickly as he did. She wouldn't right. Yeah she wouldn't.

I didn't notice I was leaning against a wall for support or that I couldn't properly breath. I was so afraid that one of the only people I feel safe around would hurt me. I fall to my knees and lean my back against the wall. I throw my head back and look at the ceiling. I clutch my chest as I try to steady my breathing.

"She w-won't h-hurt me." I murmur to myself. I feel the item burn my side calling out to me. I shake my head. I promised. I wipe at my eyes trying to stop the tears from falling. I let out an involuntary sob before laughing a little. I run a hand through my hair and hold on to my chest.I pull my hand away from my chest to see that my sleeve was a lot more baggy then the before. I must have gotten the spell a tad bit wrong.