16

I ended up going to dinner with Chae and Changbin. The whole time, Changbin and I didn't really talk. After what happened at the apartment, it was too awkward. Chae was actually pretty nice, though. I understand why Changbin likes her. She talked throughout the car ride and throughout the dinner, which was good because there would have been an awkward silence. She ended up explaining to me that she had already gotten the chance to hang out with all of the other neighbors, and that she wanted to get to know me because she knew the least about me.

I didn't order a big meal, so it didn't take long for me to finish. I sat there engaging in a conversation with Chae while I waited for the two to finish their meals. I didn't think that they noticed how small my meal was until I caught Changbin putting more food on my plate when Chae wasn't looking. I just quietly thanked him and ate what was on my plate. Before I knew it, the dinner was over. The car ride was silent, so there wasn't anything interesting at all.

When I got back to my house, I just plopped down on the couch. I let a few tears fall, since I was alone. I know I'm being over dramatic, but I can't help it. This was just too real for me. Seeing them act like a couple, right in front of my eyes, made me realize that I had gotten my hopes up way too high. I needed to get over my stupid crush. Changbin clearly forgot about me, so why can't I forget about him?

Then the door opened. Shit, I never locked the door!

I look over to see Minho and Jisung standing in front of the door with shocked looks on their faces.

"Oh my God, Lix. What happened?"

"I went out to dinner with Chae and Changbin. They were acting like a couple and they looked so happy together. Why can't I forget about him? Why can't I move on? He obviously never cared in the first place! He ditched me and never even gave me an excuse. This was the first time we talked in weeks, and he ends up inviting me to dinner with his girlfriend. I just want to move on!"

"I'm sorry, Lixie. You deserve so much better. You don't deserve to be ignored. You deserve much, much better."

Minho comes up to me and pulls me into a hug. Jisung comes and joins after, squeezing us extra tight. He finally lets go and speaks up.

"Come on, Lix. We are going to go cuddle you to death!"