Chapter 4

04//  Meet my bestie

After greeting my dad and having lunch,Natasha and I went up to my room. She told me about her "vacation " and about the cute boy,Tristan she met there. I also tell her about my "episode " with Bianca and about Ryan and the invite he extended to Reede's party.

"No wonder he looked so familiar. Damn girl. Look at you getting a ride from America's sweetheart".she says .

I smack her leg and tell her, "stop it ", while laughing .

We spend the rest of the evening talking about things in general and she tells me that she'll be back tomorrow after school to help me with my whole look. After some time ,she goes home because it's her first night back she can't really sleepover. I also go down to get a glass of milk and I tell my dad goodnight before going to bed and drifting off to sleep.

The next morning, I wake up to that goddamned alarm clock. I quickly put on a red mini gown that reaches right above my knee. I wear some sandals, comb my hair and pack it in the usual ponytail. I grab my stuff I didn't have much seeing as it was still the first week , I didn't have any assignments . I brought the books home to read but I ended up forgetting. I make my way downstairs. I meet pancakes on the slab in the kitchen.

My dad usually goes to work before I wake up .he probably stayed late two days back so I wouldn't be late on my first day. One of the reasons I love him. He is very considerate and tries his best so I don't feel the absence of a mother. I quickly finish my pancakes and start walking to school. I get there just in time and I quickly head to my First Class. I had all the classes after lunch with Natasha so I was pretty excited as I had not seen her or a special someone this morning.

As I come out of my last class ,English, I see her just outside the door. I hug her and we talked as we walked to our lockers to drop our notes before we'd head to the cafeteria till I saw everyone looking at me as I stood in front of my locker. I turned back and saw Ryan. He smirked and by the look on his face I know I had a wide grin on my face.

"You look beautiful ",he said.

I replied, "you too ".

He gave me a confused look before I said, "I mean not beautiful like a girl or anything. I mean I don't think you're gay but I have nothing against gay people..."I kept on rambling before Natasha came to my aid saying, "what she means to say is you don't look bad yourself "

Ryan chuckles before saying, "I know what she meant. I didn't see you here yesterday. Are you new?"

Natasha slightly pushes me and I get the message and say, "No, she's not. Natasha meet Ryan. Ryan meet my best friend,Natasha" .

They briefly shake hands before Ryan leans down and whispers in my ear, "I hope you're ready for tonight ".before he leaves. Something in the way he said it made me feel like it had a double meaning.

I'm cutoff from my thoughts when Natasha says "girl, you are so whipped ".I say "I am not ".

She says " you are too."

I reply her " I don't like him I barely know him ".

she laughs before saying " whatever you say. let's go eat mama's starving ".

And that is my best friend people,only her can end a conversation with food. I laughed before dropping my stuff and following her. The rest of school went by in a blur. I didn't see Ryan again. However, in Natasha's car while we were driving home. I got a text from unknown :pick you up at seven. Send me your address. It took me little time to realise it was Ryan and I quickly sent him my address and said I can't wait.

He replied "me too ".

Again with the double meaning. I let go of negative thoughts and focused on the fact that I'm going to hangout with Ryan.

A/N:Hey guys. I'm sorry I went MIA. I forgot my password and just got a new one. I'll try and update regularly now. This is my longest chapter yet to make up for lost time 😉.Stay safe guys. Vote and comment. Thank you.

^^Rytah_05^