Chapter 16

16//   Lunch with Aunt Tina and Josh

After dressing up in my mini leather skirt ,tank top and knee high boots. I let my hair down from the ponytail it's been in all week. I brush it a bit with my fingers  ,so it appears curly. I go down the stairs and find my dad equally dressed. We give each other a knowing look before bursting out with laughter. Let's just say Aunt Tina is quite the fashion mogul. I mean she can sell Josh for a new pair of shoes. She's that extreme.

We had brown sugar French toast before we left for Aunt Tina's house.

Aunt Tina has her own very successful fashion line, AMOR  in various states in America .She's even trying to expand to Spanish countries as her and my mom grew up there. This fashion line has made her very wealthy and extremely busy. She's hardly ever in Beverly Hills even though her headquarters is here . I'm positive she'll take me shopping no matter how much I try to look good.

My dad and I get to their house in no time, with him telling me to behave around Josh. Both my dad and aunt Tina are aware that me and Josh don't get along, they just don't know why.

My dad and I knock on the huge door, Aunt Tina ushers us in smiling from ear to ear. Once we get in, she hugs me then my dad. Maids are literally everywhere in the house. My dad heads to the couch watching a soccer game and leaves Aunt Tina and I to do our thing.

Aunt Tina takes me up to her room, we talk a bit. I tell her about Reede and her joy knew no bounds. Like I expected  she took me shopping. We went in her Bugatti, a show of how extra she is, to the headquarters of AMOR. 

Well ,on the bright side, who can say no to free clothes. We raid the teens department and take almost half the clothes available that are in my size.

She buys so many clothes, that they fill the backseat and two bags were also with me in front. At least, I know I won't be going shopping for seniors week. When we get back to her house.

We go back up to her room, she starts pairing the clothes and folding the clothes for each day separately because apparently "I'm not so good at matching outfits ".

I go downstairs to get a glass of juice for Aunt Tina and I .  I  say hello to the few  faces making lunch. I don't know what they're making but it smells so  damn good. As I'm about to enter Aunt Tina's room, I see Josh coming out from his room.

It looks like he just woke up. I quickly want to enter Aunt Tina's room to avoid anything that could dampen my mood , but as he walks past me he mutters 'hi' so low I hardly heard it. Before I could reply him, he jogged down the stairs.

That was weird, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. Maybe Aunt Tina asked him to be nice. I enter her room to see her beaming , talking with someone on the phone.

I wonder if it's a guy, I think as I drop her glass on the stool and take a sip from mine.

Josh's father denied even knowing Aunt Tina when she was pregnant. This is why Josh tells people  that his father is dead. For all I know he may be , but I sure hope not. Aunt Tina cuts the call and smiles at me as she also takes a sip of her juice. We both drop our glasses on the table.

"Did you tell Josh to be nice ",I ask her

"No", she replies confused

"Aunt Tina, come on. I know you did",I say

"I promise you that I didn't. He's been sleeping all morning", Aunt Tina says

"oh, he looked like he just woke up anyway " ,I say believing her.

" Amy what's going on ",she asks

"Well Josh literally just said hi to me willingly ",I say smiling

" No he didn't ",Aunt Tina says surprised

"He did. I was quite surprised myself ",I say

"well I'm happy you guys are at least cordial with each other now ",she says equally happy.

I contemplate on whether to tell her about last week but I decide against it. That'll just take us back to square one .

"  I'm glad. Why did Josh say he was suspended ", I ask her

"Something about Bianca cheating on him with his friend and they ended up getting into a fight . It seems the guy is a celebrity because they didn't give him one punishment. So unfair . Do you know him, Ryan?" she asks me .

"No, but I've seen him a couple of times at school. ",I lie.

If Josh can omit the truth then so can I .My Aunt and I went downstairs where  Josh and my dad gave their undivided attention to the soccer game they were watching. Packs of Doritos were on the centre piece. I took one for myself and sat down.

I went to Instagram to look at celebrities posts and buzzing news .In about an hour, lunch was served. It was Calzones, crab melt, Ham and cheese pitas and some baked Reuben sandwiches. We said grace and ate like a family. We stayed a few more hours before saying goodbye.

Josh didn't say anything else to me, making me wonder if I imagined him saying hi. Another week gone. Phew!

Support me by clicking on the little star at the bottom of your screen. Thank you

^^Rytah_05^