Chapter 24

The aftermath

The guilt was eating me up so bad that I practically forced myself to eat. I mean I love food so that's a first. I felt a strong urge to cry but I didn't.

Nat, Anna and Chelsea came immediately after the movie ended and I tried to put up a fake smile for them. They kept on trying to convince me to tell them what's wrong. I told them it was the last day of my period because they know the last day is very painful for me. Besides, it wasn't a total lie.

I hear a beep beep from my phone signifying that I had a new message. I look at my phone and see that it's from Reede.

Reede : Hey angel

Amy : Hey

Reede : What happened today?  With you and Ryan .

Amy : Oh nothing. He was just being a dick as usual 😂

Reede : 😂😂😂

Reede : You know you can talk to me about anything right. I'll not judge you and I'll try to be here for you.

Oh my God, did he find out. Ok, play it cool Amy

Amy : Of course  , besides I trust you

Reede  : I'm glad you do. Good night angel. I'll see you tomorrow.

Amy : Good night Reede

I go offline  cover myself with a blanket to protect myself from the cold air from the A/C . I eventually drift to sleep .

The next morning when I woke up , I felt even worse than yesterday knowing I would see Reede today.  We ordered breakfast, it was red velvet pancakes ,potato and courgette frittata and some blueberry cheesecake smoothies.

It was really nice. The girls and I decided to have a tour around the hotel today. We did just that and let me just say that the hotel is a magnificent castle. The hotel is so large that when we were done looking around it was lunch time. The girls and I decided to go to the restaurant since we were downstairs.

However, I got a text from Reede inviting me to lunch, so the girls decided they'll check out the restaurant tomorrow. They said they'll order food from our room so I can have privacy with Reede . I wondered if things will be weird but I guess I'll find out soon.

I go to the restaurant and it's magnificent. I look around and find Reede at a corner. I head over to him . Time to face the aftermath of my guilt.

"Hey ", Reede says as he stands up, hugs me and pulls out my chair for me.

"Thank you ", I say as I sit

I look at the table finding a feast. Different varieties of food. It was glorious.

"Are you expecting someone else ",I say and we both laugh

" I didn't know what you would want so I kinda ordered what I thought you'll like ",he says rubbing his neck. An habit I've come to learn that he does when he's nervous at least I'm not the only one..

" That's so sweet . You didn't have to. Thank you ",I say with a huge smile.

We start eating and some minutes later, Reede asks me the question I've been dreading.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened between you and Burns yesterday ",he says

"Nothing happened, he was just being a huge dick as always ", I say

" A huge dick hmm" ,he says a huge grin on his face.

" Come on, you know what I mean " ,I say laughing

" Look Amy ,I really like you and... "

And just like that his cellphone rings. He excuses himself.

Oh my God, he likes me. He was just about to tell me that he likes me. Curse you universe!  for making his cellphone ring.

Or maybe he wanted to tell me that he liked me but after what happened with Ryan, he can't be with me.

I get rid of negative thoughts . He comes back saying that we have an hour to leave. I look at my phone and see that it's 4'0 clock. Wow!

Reede doesn't finish what he was saying much to my dismay. I didn't want to come off as desperate so I decided not to ask him. We finished the food on the table before leaving. He escorted me to my room before leaving after hugging and pecking me. I entered my room and the girls were all dressed very simple so I changed and wore Jean shorts and a baggy top and my sneakers before leaving with them.

We got down and gathered with the others in the lounge. In about five minutes, principal Jenkins comes and tells us that we'll be doing game night in a large room and that drinks and snacks have been provided .She shows us to the room before leaving with our teachers. I'm really glad that they've treated us like adults so far. We all walk into the large room and prepare for game night.

A/N: Please support me by clicking on the little star at the bottom of your screen. Thank you 😘