Chapter 14

14//   The sleepover 2

....................
This chapter is dedicated to Jaynee03 for my beautiful cover. Thanks b.

....................

"You know that cute boy I told you I met this summer ",Nat says beaming

"Yeah, Tristan. You wouldn't stop talking about him ",I say laughing

"Well, it turns out  he just moved to Beverly Hills and is going to start our school next week ",Nat says squeaking in excitement.

"OMG, Nat that's huge. I'm so happy for you ",I say and hug her.

"thanks girl. I think I kinda like him ",she says.

" You think. Come on, it's obvious you like this boy. You have to introduce us on Monday. Okay Nat ", I say in an authoritative voice.

"Yes ma'am ",Nat says in a mocking voice and we both laugh.

So what's going on with you, lover girl ",Nat says putting her curtains down and coming back to lay down on the bed.

"what do you mean? ",I ask her

"You can act tough around anyone but me. You didn't cry after what happened with Ryan. It's okay to let it out Amy ",she says.

"I don't want to cry Nat, I'm OK ",I say already tearing up.

"It's okay baby ",Nat says and shifts me closer to her, so my arms are around her waist and my head on her chest . I cry so hard, I let it all out and she rubs my hair and says "shh".

"I just..... It's the first time a guy at school paid attention to me and a celebrity at that. I just became too attached to the idea of us being more than friends. I thought he actually liked me and no matter how hard I try to tell myself otherwise, he really hurt me. I don't know if it's because I like him or because of the way he led me on and humiliated me in front of the whole school. I'm so confused  . I'm so stupid to have thought that he'd actually like me ",I say between sobs.

"Shh, don't say that girl. You are a great person. It's his loss. You'll meet someone great that'll love you for you and Reede may just be that someone".

I look up to meet her gaze .Is she really matchmaking when I'm in this state.

"Now I know you're hurt but listen, Reede is a good guy and I know you feel something for him. So don't let Ryan ruin whatever you two can have .OK . Promise me you'll give Reede a chance and that you won't let Ryan hold you back ",Nat says.

"I promise ",I say planning to keep my word  .

I don't know why but I can't seem to stop crying. I fall asleep to Nat whispering soothing words to me. The next morning , I feel so much better. It's like I've let out all the negative energy in my body. I feel great.

I can already smell whatever Marie is cooking up here and I hear Nat's voice downstairs. I brush my teeth, have my bath and get ready for church. I get downstairs and see everyone in casual outfits. I'm so confused. Before I even think of greeting them, they all burst into laughter.

"What's so funny ",I ask, a smile on my face.

"Well,we've returned from church dearie .Nat said you were feeling a little sick so we decided to let you rest ",Corey says 

"Ohh",I say suddenly understanding and I can't help but laugh as well.

I say hello to Marie and go to the dining to have my breakfast. It's bread , scrambled eggs,bacon and tea. This tops the list after pancakes. Once I'm done eating, I tell Marie and Corey thank you before heading to the kitchen. Nat is there doing the dishes, I join her.

"I knew how you were yesterday, so I wanted you to rest a little longer ",Nat says.

"Thanks Nat", I say grateful

"Yeah, yeah, whatever ",she says with a smile.

We finish the dishes in no time at all. We go up to her room just in time for a new episode of Wild n' Out .I just love Nick Cannon and DC young fly.

When the show is over, I call my dad to come get me. I change from my church wear to a white T-shirt, black leggings and my favourite Nike white sneakers .Nat and I danced to the music blaring from MTV base till we heard my dad's horn .

Nat and I went down but saw my dad in a deep discussion with Marie and Corey. It seems they convinced my dad and we're staying for lunch. Yayy!

Nat and I went back upstairs and were watching the marathon of The Platinum life .We were up to the 6th episode when we heard Marie shouting our names. We hurried down and found out that lunch was ready.

So my dad, Marie, Corey, Nat and I eat rice and chicken. My dad and I stay a few more hours before hugging everyone good  bye.

    On the way home, my dad asks me if I'm good. It seems Marie and Corey told him I'm sick since I couldn't follow them to church. I manage to convince him that I'm OK with the good old "my period came "trick .On getting home, my dad and I have pizza for dinner. I miss Marie's cooking already. As I fall asleep I think to myself WHAT A WEEK! and I can only hope that this week will be better but will it?

A/N: It's me again encouraging you to vote and comment. Please do. Also I want to thank Jaynee03 for my amazing cover. Thanks girl 😘.

^^ Rytah_05 ^