Chapter 13

13//     The Sleepover 1

I told Nat all about my date with Reede and about our makeout session which my dad happened to see firsthand.

She laughed so hard and I couldn't help but join her. She asked me if I like him  I told her I don't know because truthfully I don't.

As much as Reede fits that ideal guy so did Ryan and for some weird reason I've been stuck on Ryan despite what he did but I could never tell Nat that. I'm even finding it hard admitting to myself that I may have a crush on Ryan just a week knowing him.

"Amy, you good ?You been so quiet for some time now ",Nat asked me as she parked her car in their driveway.

"I'm good, just tired is all",I say

"you sure ?",Nat asks

"yeah ",I say

"Ok",she says not quite buying what I said but letting it go for now .

We both get down from the car and head into her house. I see her mother in the kitchen and immediately I'm close enough, I'm pulled into a bear hug .it runs in the family.

"Amy ,haven't seen you for a month and you've grown so much "Marie says releasing me .

"Marie, you look so good,I've missed you so much. where is Corey? ",I ask

"I've missed you more darling. Corey's sleeping as usual. I'll be sure to tell him you're around when he wakes. You girls go have your bath and come down for dinner. Now run along you two " ,Marie says.

Nat and I head upstairs. I arrange my things on the bed while she's having her bath. I use my phone for a bit before she comes out naked.

"NAT, goodness what is wrong with you "I say while she laughs

"Hold your horses, I forgot my towel out here ",she says while I undress to my lingerie

"Damn girl, do I look like Reede to you ",Natasha says.

I shake my head at her trying to hold my laugh. I tie my towel and go into the bathroom and do my business. I come out and put on my pyjamas.

I want to give Nat the jumper she gave to me but she says ,"girl, keep it  it looks way better on you ".

"Well, you don't need to tell me twice. Thanks Nat ",I say and we both laugh before heading down to the dining room where a feast lay.

"Hey Corey ",I said on seeing Nat's father

"Hello Amy ",he said and pulled me into a bear hug.

I wasn't kidding when I said it runs in the family. He gestured me to take a seat to his right,while Nat was to his left opposite me. Their dining was made for four.

They had a son who died  a teenager in a car accident before Nat was even born. I've heard the story of how God gave them Nat after so many years. Marie and Corey are in their 50s but they act like modern day parents either way. I was cut off from my thoughts by Marie's voice.

"We're having meat lasagna ",Marie said with a smile.

"yum ",I said taking in the sight before me.

In no time at all, the table was filled with empty plates. That's one of the reasons why I love coming to Nat's house ,I get hearty meals. I say goodnight to Marie and Corey. I text my dad goodnight to which he quickly replies. Nat and I plop down on her bed and get ready for the most interesting part of our sleepovers. The juicy talks with details.

Support me by clicking on the little star on the bottom of your screen. Thank you.

^^Rytah _ 05^