Chapter 23

23//    Movie Night

We wake up, freshen up, get dressed and go down to the lounge five minutes early to avoid scolding from principal Jenkins for being late. We're given numbers to wear on our hands as seating arrangements. I'm number 120 ,not in anyway close to any of my friends who are all number 1-50 ,including Reede.

On getting to the hall I realise I'm the last number meaning a total of 80 students failed the test and are not on this trip. I head to the last seat : my seat, I see a pack of popcorn and a pack of yoghurt seating on my chair.

I wonder who it belongs to, till I look around and see that it is placed on everyone's chair. Our snack for the movie. I take it and place on my lap.

A man comes into the theater and tells us that the movie will be starting in five minutes. I wonder who is seating next to me. Everyone else in my row is seated. I also anticipate whatever movie we'll be watching.

Ryan, Ethan, Luke and Josh enter at the last moment. I see Ethan and Luke seat in the first row and they don't look happy to be in front ,I laugh at this. I see Josh looking for where he's supposed to seat and a smile makes its way to his face as he seats beside Chelsea. I smile even wider at this.

However, my smile disappears as I realise that Ryan is seated next to me. Oh Boy!

The movie starts, it's Someone Great , a movie that came out last week . I'm excited to watch it but Ryan seems to be against my happiness ,as he keeps on chewing loudly as he munches his popcorn.

"Would you stop doing that ",I whisper irritated.

" Why should I? ",he whispers back, a bored look on his face.

"Because I can't hear the movie properly with all your chewing and munching ", I whisper ,a frustrated look on my face.

He stops for a little while and I'm sincerely enjoying the movie. I take big gulps from my yoghurt from time to time. When he starts making the sound again even louder than before making some people turn towards us. I mouth "sorry " to them and wait for them to turn back to the movie.

"What the hell is wrong with you " ,I whisper harshly to him.

"There's nothing wrong with me ",he says in the same tone .

"You have no self-respect  ",I tell him

"Well, neither do you. Seeing as you go around kissing someone you're not even dating in public. You know nothing about self-respect ",he says loudly in a harsh voice making me flinch.

"That's it. I've had enough of you two. Come back when you're ready to be quiet. Out!",the man from earlier says.

Ryan leaves before me, I use my eyes to tell my friends and Reede that I'll be fine. I see a look of confusion on all their faces.

When I leave, I see Ryan in the elevator which is about to close . I make it just in time . It's just Ryan and I inside. I try to calm myself down but it doesn't work as I start hitting his chest before he holds my hand .

"Calm down Amy",he says softly.

Is this guy bipolar or what.

" Don't fucking tell me to calm down . What is wrong with you. You're always trying to embarrass me. Do you really hate me that... ",I'm cutoff from my rambling by his lips on mine. I've anticipated what it'll be like kissing him all those years looking at his ads, commercials, advertisements and social media. Even from the first day I met him but now kissing him is nothing compared to Reede's kisses.

I hear a "dong " ,the elevator opens and just like that he leaves just like the first time he trapped me in the janitors closet.

I get to my room, I sit on my bed feeling guilty as fuck. Reede and I aren't dating but how could I do this to him. I didn't enjoy kissing Ryan but I couldn't stop kissing him. It's weird.

How in God's name am I going to face Reede after I betrayed him with the guy he once saved me from.

A/N: Please support me by clicking on the star at the bottom of your screen. Thank you 😘