Chapter 18

18// The horror

The next morning,after I woke up and did my usual morning routine , I put on a sleeveless crop singlet ,paired it with the matching skirt . I let my hair down, a rare occurrence. I head downstairs and have breakfast.

I hear Nat's horn and I go out to meet her. In no time at all, we get to school. We go our separate ways, I get to drama class and sit beside Chelsea. We make small talk. My drama teacher, Miss Bonnie lets us know that herself and the other drama teacher, Mr Brown will be exchanging some students.

I sincerely hope and pray that I remain in my class, as I have become well acquainted with Miss Bonnie's teaching . By the time the swap is done, to my relief, Chelsea and I remain in miss Bonnie's class. Bianca, however is gone. Praise the lord. Ryan is now in my class and I'm trying my best to ignore the hole he's boring into my head with his eyes. Basically eye raping me. Oh the horror.

School was super hectic today with drama, music, English and math before lunch break. Immediately the bell went, Chelsea and I hurried down to the cafeteria. There we saw Nat and Savannah (Anna) with a hot black boy who I didn't know. I wondered how they got to the cafeteria so fast. Chelsea and I got our food ,burger and fries before going to join them.

"Hey Nat, hey Anna", Chelsea and I said.

"Hey guys ",they both replied

" So, Amy meet Tristan, Tristan meet Amy my bestie and Chelsea, she's also Anna's sister ", Nat said with a smile

"Hey, it's nice to finally meet you girls. I've heard a lot of things about you from Nat, especially you Amy " ,Tristan says in his heavenly voice.

"Good things, I hope ", I say

"All good things ",he says with a smile and I immediately know that we'll be great friends.

We all get talking , but I can't help but notice the new boy at Reede's table. It seems Tristan notices my curious glances.

" That's my twin, Travis ",Tristan says and a gasp escapes everyones mouth except Anna which I noticed.

"What ",he asks

"I didn't know you were a twin. How come I never saw him in Minnesota?", Nat asks

"Well let's say he's not one to stay in a particular place for too long", Tristan says implying that he's a player.

"Oh ",everyone says getting the message and starts eating

"you don't look like a twin you know ",Anna says after a while

" I didn't know twins were expected to look a particular way ",Tristan says chuckling.

"I just never pegged you as one I guess. Then again I don't really know you, right Tristan?", Anna says and suddenly the tension round the table is thick .

" I suppose you wouldn't know me . Don't judge a book by its cover though, I mean you also can't know cheating girlfriends just by looking at them in the face, so... ",Tristan says and we're all in confusion till Anna gets up.

"I'm not going to play this game with you Tristan, not this time . I'm sorry Nat.",Anna says before running out of the cafeteria,Chelsea is and I see Travis run to follow her.

"What the fuck just happened ",is what I want to say but Chelsea beat me to it.

" I just.... I can't do this right now ",Tristan says and leaves the cafeteria as well .

Chelsea says she's going to look for Anna. She leaves after sending Nat a reassuring smile. Only then do I look at Nat and see her struggling to hold back her tears I move closer to her and lean her head on my shoulder and crys. I wrap my arms around her not knowing what to say.

School is eventually over, I drive Nat home in her car and stay in her room with her a bit of taking the bus home. I know everyone is wondering why despite my fathers money I don't have a driver, well I just don't like the idea of someone driving me as an occupation . It makes me feel weird...personal opinion. So I'll just wait till I'm of driving age so I can drive my own. The rest of the week goes by with detailed classes, as test is next week. Tristan and Anna don't come to school for the rest of that week and I hope they don't fail. Chelsea said that Anna is beating herself up, so Nat and I decided to go over to her house tomorrow. Just a week left for seniors week and I'm so excited. I get my outfit for when I go to Anna and Chelsea's house ready. I eventually fall asleep reading my history textbook on my bed.