1.1 First Class

My name is Y/n Aquila. I used to live in America, but when I was 16, I erased myself from everyone's memory. There was a terrible accident with my powers. I am some sort of telepath it seems. It all started when I heard voices, everyone's voices, nonstop: screaming, crying, happiness, loss. It became too loud. I screamed from the burden of holding all of it in my head. Suddenly, my family froze in place as purple dust floated around the room. The mist, that was one time event. I still have no idea what my powers can actually do, but at that time it seemed limitless. Calming down seems the only way to stop it, even back then. However, before I could begin to understand that I had powers,  I subconsciously moved every knife in the kitchen towards my family. They were left injured from my breakdown. Once I opened my eyes, my mom begged for me to save her. I went to reach for her to try to calm her down, but she shuttered away from me. Next thing I knew, my father leapt at me with one of the knives but I narrowly dodged his attempt. Panic set in, causing me to try one more thing. I walked up to my dad, put my fingers on his forehead and said 'Forget me.' Then, he did. I followed suit with my mom and sisters, and I fled the house afterwards. I stopped by my school, gaining all my records, then erased the minds of all who knew me. It was time for me to start over, to bury the past. However, I couldn't just leave it all behind. I became obsessed with figuring out why I was made this way.

I moved to England, finished high school and started at Oxford, and am now finishing up my PhD in Genetics and Psychology. I have been testing to see if I have any other genetic mutations, and if the DNA is replicable. My time at Oxford has been great but I haven't made many friends though. I have only ever gotten along with one person here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Raven!" I shout from across the bar. The gorgeous blonde smiles, hugging me. "I'm so glad we could meet here tonight."

"Me too!" She answers and picks out a table.

I start to talk but the waiter interrupts us.

"What'll it be?" He smirks at both of us.

"I'll take a Gimlet." I smile at the guy.

"A lemondrop." Raven says as he brings us the drinks. We cheers, sipping our drinks.

"So...that guy was totally flirting with you." I tell her as the waiter leaves us.

"Me? Oh no honey, he wanted you I could tell." She laughs.

"Come on Raven, you're a blonde bombshell. An American and a blonde is a recipe for suitors in these parts. No one really cares about an American with h/c hair with e/c eyes."

"Don't sell yourself short, I happen to think h/c hair is very attractive." Raven smiles from her glass. Her smile falls flat when she notices someone across the bar. "Oh my, look at Charles, he's being pathetic over there." She points to her brother clearly flirting with a woman.

I've met Charles a few times before but we haven't really interacted. He is very very attractive though, and everyone at Uni knows it. His brown hair and incredibly blue eyes, his features might be more well known than his work.

"What do you think they are saying?" She interrupts my thoughts. I decide to listen into their conversation and get in their heads. They aren't standing too far away from us, but I've told Raven I can lip-read.

"He just ordered her a drink." I state and she chuckles." He is talking about her eyes, how she has heterochromica, and she's...a mutant." I say and Raven gasps. "Oh, now he basically said he will be sleeping with her." I roll my eyes.

"That's Charles for you. I think it's time for me to stop this train short." She gets annoyed and walks over to them.

"Raven, leave him be." I reluctantly follow.