1.12 I Love You

Right now, I am pushing him along in a wheelchair, around the manor grounds.

"It's beautiful, I still can't believe you grew up here. Every time I look at it, I am more and more amazed Charles." I smile down at him as he looks up at me.

"I suppose it is." He coldly replies and doesn't smile back. I soon take him back inside after our conversation goes nowhere. This is the first time he's been out in days and he isn't excited?! Something is clearly wrong, but he's blocked off my mind, and I won't open mine up to him.

"How about a game of chess?" I ask him when we get back inside.

"Sure Y/n." He responds. I wheel him into the library, and telekinetically pull the board over to us.

"Your move." I smile at him. He moves his pawn and we begin to play. "So what's going to happen, with the CIA. Will they know what's happened in Cuba?" I ask him.

"Y/n I don't know. Can we please just have quiet for this game?!" He sasses.

"I'm-I'm sorry." I reply, beginning to get upset. We continue to play and my eyes begin to tear up. Who is this Charles in front of me?

"Checkmate." He slightly grins then looks up at me. He seems my red, puffy eyes with tears in them. I drop the floating chessboard onto the ground, making a pound clang. Charles rolls closer to me and reaches out, grabbing my hands.

"Y/n what's wrong?" He asks, his blue eyes full of concern.

"I-You-You're acting very weird Charles. Ever since the accident." I admit and he looks surprised.

"I just went through trauma, I'm not the same." He snaps.

"I know Charles but I didn't expect you to be this...different." I admit and he pulls away from me.

"I'm sorry I don't meet your expectations." He coldly replies.

"No. Charles that's not what-" I begin.

"Hank!" He shouts and Hank rushes in.

"Yes Professor?" Hank asks.

"Please take me to my room." Charles demanda.

"I'm sure Y/n would be more than happy sir." He replies.

"No. Take me." Charles ends as Hank turns his chair around, and begins to push Charles. Right before they exit Hank turns and gives me a look of pity. Once they leave I slam the doors to the library and transport up to my room. I lay down in my bed and cry myself to sleep, wondering what I did wrong.

A few days pass, and Charles has not brought up what we discussed about our feelings since then, but I'm going to ask him. Tonight. Moira leaves today, so I will have all the time in the world. I walk outside on the grounds with Hank.

"This will make a great school Hank. You should teach Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Chemistry, Physics..." I could go on.

"Oh so only math science?" He jokes and I laugh.

"It is your strong suit. If Alex wants to stay he can do gym, and physical training. I'll be doing history, and psychology. That leaves Charles with English, Biology, and anything else we could-" I stop the charade when I see Moira walking Charles in front of us. He kisses her, and she does not object. "I-uh-will you excuse me Hank?" I ask him and he does not object.