1.7 Home

We pull up to a very, very large manor home. It's huge, the biggest house I've ever seen. The car stops and we all get out, admiring the mansion.

"This is yours?" Sean asks in disbelief.

"It's ours." Charles answers.

"Honestly Charles, I don't know how you survived. Living in such hardship." Erik jokes and I laugh.

"Well, it was a hardship softened by me." Raven answers, leaning on Charles. She suddenly runs ahead of all of us. "Time for a tour!" Raven shouts pulling me along with her. We all follow her and learn where the kitchen is, where each of our bedrooms will be, and see the rest of this amazing mansions. There are many libraries and offices, so many bedrooms and empty spaces. Even labs, and home gyms. I keep wandering around in wonder after I find my room. I sit in my bed, staring at the ceiling, still not believing what is going on until I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in." I announce and the door pushes open to reveal Charles. "Wow Charles, I didn't know you were rich!" I exclaim and he laughs.

"You ready? We will be having dinner soon." He responds and I nod. "Training will begin tomorrow, we need to push everyone's powers." He continues.

"And how will we push yours?" I tease and he gives me a smirk.

"Abracadabra!" Charles snaps and suddenly disappears from my sight. I slowly approach the door and look outside.

"Charles?" I ask looking around. "Charles?" I ask again until I feel someone yank me onto the bed. I turn around to see Charles has pulled me on top of him. We are laughing a lot, as his hands are on my waist.

"That was a very cool trick." I complement.

"Maybe you can learn it someday." He responds and I roll my eyes. I suddenly notice how close we are and that his hands are on my waist as I am holding myself up, above him, I can feel my cheeks turn red.

"That seems out of my range." I sigh, "but this," I state, using my telekinesis to lift a glass of water above him. "Well I could spill this on you right now." I joke and he fake cowers in fear. We begin laughing again until I hear a faint knock, and the door swing more open.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" I turn to see Erik standing at the door.

"No, no of course not." I respond getting off of Charles, and brushing myself off. My concentration causes the glass to fall. I turn and stop it with my hands inches away from Charles's face. I reach over and grab the glass, setting it down.

"Impressive." Erik comments as Charles gets up. "I just came to tell you that dinner is ready." Erik answers as we follow him down to dinner. We all sit down at the table. Erik and Charles are at the heads, I am on Erik's right , next to Raven, next to Moria, next to Charles, then Sean, Hank, and Alex are across.

"Okay, so how are we going to do this?" I ask as everyone is chowing down into our chicken and potatoes.

"So I was thinking we should do physical training, but also training on the powers, so we know hand to hand combat and can also master our abilities." Charles answers. We all nod and agree. Then dirty thoughts enter my head. It's Moria's voice, I believe she is trying to project her thought loud enough so Charles will hear them. 'Charles you're so smart, I wish I have a moment...alone with you' I hear on repeat to the point where I can't eat.

"God Moria keep your thought professional and to yourself!" I snap and everyone at the table looks at her and Charles turning red. Raven begins to laugh softly, as does Erik. We continue eating dinner, laughing, and having a great time. Once dinner is over we move into a living room to sit down. We put on ABC and it's playing the news. Sean, Alex, and Hank turn to us.

"We've never seen your powers." They say to me.

"Well that's because Erik and Charles's are way better." I respond and they look down.

"No Y/n yours are cool!" Raven encourages me. I look to everyone and even Moria wants to know.

"Well I can read everyone's mind, like Charles." I begin and they nod. "I can only read and communicate so don't get your hopes up." I joke and they laugh. I then close my eyes, there are many bookcases filled with books around us so I try something new. I put my hands on the ground and think about the books floating around us. I open my eyes and they are circling us. Everyone is laughing and happy. I then decide to freeze them around us. I decide to rip out some of the pages and make them float, while putting the books back. I then take the pages and think about making them birds. Once they form they fly around everyone and it makes them laugh even more.

"Y/n this is incredible!" Raven cheers and even Sean quietly uses his voice to lift them up. Erik put a magnet on one of the birds and is flying that one around. Charles for some reason stops this though by freezing time.

"Y/n..." Charles begins as I frown that he stopped the fun. "It's getting late and we need to wake up early tomorrow." He says to me.

"Fine, but no one else will be happy." I reply as we look around at their smiling faces. "I don't want to lose this Charles, I don't want the war to ruin this. I mean even Erik is having fun." I chuckle.

"We can practice the extent of your powers tomorrow, but tonight we need sleep." He advises then unfreezes everyone and I drop the birds. Everyone's face droops a bit.

"I'm sorry guys, this is really tiring me out." I lie but they respect it.

"We'll see more tomorrow." Erik states and everyone sighs, getting up, and going away.

"Charles, can I grab you for a minute." Moira states before leaving the room. He nods and they stay in. I decide to go into the next door room to listen in.

"Charles are you sure it's alright if I stay in your home?" Moira asks him.

"Yes. Of course it's alright." Charles replies. "I'm sorry about Y/n at dinner, sometimes...she can't control herself." I begin to get upset that he's talking about me this way. "What she did was extremely unprofessional, and I apologize for her." I roll my eyes at the statement.

"She really doesn't like me." Moria sighs.

"Well...I wouldn't say that-" Charles tries.

"She doesn't. She's just upset about our connection." Moira states and my stomach begins to knot.

"Moira-"

"Charles you can't tell me you don't feel something too?" She cuts him off.

"Well, I mean you're very pretty." He begins and I've heard enough. I huff and walk away from the scene, back to my room. As I turn to walk out the door I run into someone.

"Erik." I state looking up at him, our faces inches away. "What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I could ask you the same." He replies and I can feel his breath in my face. "You were spying, why?" He asks me, stepping closer.

"I just wanted to hear what they wanted to talk about, that's all." I answer, gulping at how close we are. I look at Erik's face, his sharp jawline, his beautiful blue-grey eyes.

"I am going to ask you a question, but only once
Y/n," he begins, "do you have feelings for me?" He asks me and I blush.

"Y-Yes?" I answer, us still staring at each other's eyes.

"Good." He responds then leans in. Erik gently kisses me on the lips. His hands cupping my face softly. I accept and fall into the kiss. "I've been wanting to do that for a while." He pulls away and whispers.

"That was-" I begin.

"Incredible. You're incredible." Erik finishes.
"Goodnight Y/n, sleep well." Erik pulls me close to him, pecks my forehead then walks away. Leaving me awestruck. I genuinely have no words, I thoroughly enjoyed the kiss but the rest of me is still thinking about Charles. I quickly make my way to my room, and fall asleep to stop the worries of today.