2.09 The School

Charles, Hank, and I have slowly begun building his school. It's been a year since we opened, and the numbers are increasing fast. We use Cerebro to track down the ones in bad situations to try to help them. We have found and the process to grow our school is working. Our first student was traumatized by a friends death, triggering her immense power at a young age. She's similar to Charles and I, and her name is Jean Grey. More mutants have joined the school, showing us their amazing powers.

Hank teaches all the sciences, math and PE, I teach all history, literature, and psychology, and Charles is the headmaster. Charles helps the students learn how to control their powers, and oversees everything at the school. Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. It's been a few years since the school kicked off. Charles and I have been great, we've been living in the master this entire time, extremely happy, and in love, but we try to hide it from the children, to focus on them. I don't think we've even fought since the last time when we were with Erik, or about my memories. I try not to think about my best friend, and what he's doing, I really don't. But it's always there, the concern.

"So next in World History, the Black Plague will hit. It traveled using trade routes. Most people just associate the disease with rats, however true, the cause of the disease was the fleas on the rats. These fleas made their way to humans. The Black Plague had an 80% death rate, as well as killed 60% of Europe's population at the time." I explain to my class, they actually seem interested, except one. "Come on Jubilee, you may not want to learn it, but it is useful." I scold her, but she doesn't seem to care as her thoughts continue about the boys in the class. "Okay class, that's it on history for today." I say and some of them cheer. The entire class begins to get up. "What are you doing? We're not done." I tell them and they sit down. Little Jean raises her hand.

"Ms. Aquila, what will we be learning next?" She asks.

"You see, I wish everyone had your enthusiasm Jean. I just have to say something to everyone before we let out. You are lucky to go to this school. You are safe here, protected here from bad people who don't accept our abilities. Our mission is to protect those who cannot protect themselves. So I understand why you don't want to learn, but think about what else you could be doing." I say sternly looking at Jubilee. "Some people are not as accepting as you think out there, so you need to be thankful that you are here, and not starving on the streets, or fighting for others entertainment, or-"

"Why are you trying to scare these children?" Charles walks in, slightly unnerved.

"Just telling them they are lucky to learn." I respond annoyed.

"Class dismissed." Charles announces and the class gets up with their books, "no need to attend English today, instead that will be a free period." The students cheer and rush out of the class.

"Charles what was that for!" I scold him as he walks closer to my desk.

"Well I don't want you to scare the children." He sasses.

"They should be happy to learn, they don't realize how hard other people have it and to just throw all of that away, it's frustrating." I respond.

"I could hear their fear, Y/n." He replies.

"Well they should know that not everyone out there wants to help, be prepared for the bad people!" My voice raises.

"They should believe the world is good!" Charles shouts back.

"I can't see these children we raise DIE!" I yell as the purple glows around my body again, I'm able to control when it comes and goes, but it still comes when I get angry. "We've lost too many friends Charles!" I shout again. Charles angry face turns to one of sadness.

"You sound just like him," he pauses for a second and walks closer, taking in my features. "You sound just like Erik." Charles finishes, causing me to be speechless from surprise. He knows how emotional I get when Erik is brought up, he knows how emotional we both get, our best friend leaving us is not a fun subject to talk about. It's been 4 years since Erik left us, and it still feels like yesterday to me.

"Well maybe if you didn't take away my memories for ten years we wouldn't be having this issue!" I sass back, causing him to realize what his mistake. "I had a completely different life without you! For TEN YEARS Charles. I was a different person! Don't go blaming this on Erik, or me, blame it on yourself." I spit at him as he seems taken aback. He looks at me with his upset eyes, which I quickly return. I realize that my anger boiled this time, I've never said anything like this to him but it all came out. We haven't even discussed my memories since Logan was here.

"Well...I didn't know you felt that way." Charles responds, biting his tongue.

"Charles wait-please no." I beg as he turns and starts walking away.

"If you've been this angry for so long, you should've gone with Erik." He turns to say his final words, leaving me in a whirlwind of pain. I can't believe he just said I should leave, I should go and be with Erik. Charles walked away before I could even say another word. I looked at my desk, at all of my books and sent the purple energy towards them, making them fly and hit the walls, except one broke a window and hit someone, not just someone, Hank.

"Hey whats going on up there?" He yells as I approach the window, wiping my tears.

"Nothing Hank." My sniffly voice shouts. He stares at me for a second then returns to his class. I walk out of my classroom and then to my bedroom, I guess our bedroom. Charles isn't in there, luckily. I lay down on the bed and huff. Why does Charles always get so angry with me. If I do one thing he doesn't like, I'm practically Bolivar Trask. We've been fine, really. It's just that Charles expects me to make no mistakes, and I'm no perfect person, not even close to one. I lay down on my bed and feel the soft, white comforter. I miss Erik, I really do, I love him, and I would be with him, but there's always Charles. If Charles didn't erase my memories, then give them back, I know I'd be with Erik. Charles has everything, my mind and my heart. I do believe that Erik and I are very very similar though. If I'm so much like Erik... Maybe, just maybe I'll visit Erik for the rest of the day. That's what I'll do. Visit Erik.

I concentrate all of my energy on going to where Erik is. Wherever he is.