3.8 Abracadabra

We all rejoice and embrace, and then we get Charles on the plane and head home, back to Charles's manor. On the plane as Charles rests, I attempt to heal his spinal wound again. I try the entire flight and it works by the end, when he wakes up.

"Good nap sleepyhead?" I chuckle, running my hand through his hair.

"You have no id-hey, my legs! My legs are back!" He cheers. He then sits up and kisses me. "You truly are wonderful." He beams as I giggle.

"Come on lovebirds, we're home." Hank says as I take Charles's hand and help him off the bed. We all walk out to the destruction of the manor and a heavy weight hits us.

"Well, I guess we will just have to fix it." Erik grins as Jean and I step up to help. In no time, we have the entire mansion back to its old glory.

The classes return to normal, everything returns to normal, except now Raven stays, and Peter stays, and Storm stays, and Charles even let us form an
X-men team. It consists of Hank, Raven, Peter, Scott, Jean, Kurt, Storm, Charles and me. The first meeting is starting today. Erik has been staying with us for now, but I have a feeling today is his last day.
We all walk down stairs to the basement in suits, to prepare for our first training day. Charles and I walk hand in hand, towards the infamous X door. Erik walks behind us, I know he is waiting for his goodbyes. Charles walks up to open the door but stops. He turns and stares directly at me.

"Y/n. Our path has never been easy, so let's start from then, to now. You were Raven's best friend, and sometimes my fellow classmate. A friend who would always let her do the wrong thing. Then you exposed your powers one night, and we've been stuck together ever since. We had a calling to get a team of elite people together, to defeat a common enemy. We went searching for mutants far and wide, and that's when I truly fell for you. Your kind disposition, yet strong and forceful nature. Your desire to help, yet being ability to not be a pushover. Your determination, and uniqueness drew me in. Then, I helped you discover some of your power, although you figured the rest of your amazing gift out on your own. Then we kissed for the first time, even then I knew it would always be you and me." Charles states and begins to tear up. I hear gasps from behind me.

"Charles what are you-" I try to ask but he cuts me off.

"And we headed to Cuba, you protected me, and stayed with my while I was injured. Then you did the greatest thing of them all, you chose me. You wanted to be with me, and then I let you down when I lied to you about-"

"Don't you say her name!" I point my finger at him angrily, then we both break into a laugh.

"Well, anyways darling...then you told me you loved me. Oh how I longed to hear those words spoken from your beautiful lips, but my legs, my guilt couldn't handle forcing you into this life, so I erased your memory. Which to this day is the thing I regret most. Then along the way, we found our way back to each other, and you found it in your beautiful heart to forgive me. We saved the world, again...and you stayed with me. We built this wonderful school, have watched kids grow up and live their lives. Then we saved the world, again, and here we are, training our first X-men team." Charles smiles widely at me as my eyes water. "Y/n, the point of this, was to say that we've spent a lot of our life fighting the villain, and waiting to fight the next villain, and even fighting each other. I don't want to wait for one of us to die before I get the chance to ask you this question." Charles, still standing, smiles down at me, his eyes beginning to tear up. I have a feeling he's about to drop on one knee, and everyone else watches happily.

"Abracadabra!" He shouts then snaps and he's gone from our view.

"Charles!" I laugh happily. I spin around, trying to figure out where he's going. "Charles!" I shout again as I still can't find him. I walk back towards the entrance, and Erik, as Erik looks at me with a loving, happy gaze. Suddenly I shudder at a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Charles, down on one knee, with the box. The box I saved a few weeks ago. The box I wouldn't look inside.