1.5 Recruiting

We hop in the car and go to New York City.

"Charles what are we doing here?" I ask him.

"Do you not tell her anything?" Erik asks turning to me. "Does he really not tell you anything?" I laugh but nod and Charles rolls his eyes.

"There is no need for this nonsense, I'll call a cab." He announces and one pulls over, we all pile in the back.

"Where to, fellas?" The man asks us.

"Richmond, Virginia, please." Erik states.

"Right, so you want, uh, airport, the station, what?" He chuckles.

"No, we were rather hoping you would take us all the way." Charles explains and I figure out the guy is a mutant.

"That's a six-hour drive." He states.

"Good, that will give us plenty of time to talk." I answer as Erik moves the cab meter down. Once we explain everything to this guy I begin to get sleepy.

"Can't handle this Y/n?" Erik taunts.

"Hey you wanted me here." I yawn.

"Well the pretty lady did help me get on board." Darwin points out and Charles slaps him lightly.

"Charles it's fine, I'm here to help." I say my eyes drifting shut. I lean onto Charles's shoulder and fall asleep. I am awoken later by noise. I decide to stir a little but nuzzle into Charles's arm, pretending to sleep.

"I'm telling you, she's powerful." Erik says.

"Don't you think I know that? We just need to figure everything out first." Charles argues.

"Why so you can keep her safe?" Erik fights. "Charles you can't keep everyone safe." I wonder who they are talking about.

"I know that Erik, but I have to try." He argues.

"I think Y/n can handle herself." Erik defends me. Me? They are talking about me. I continue to listen.

"Of course you do, you haven't been able to take your eyes off her since you arrived." Charles snaps.

"Me? What about you Charles? You definitely like the girl and you can't even tell her." Erik sasses. "Besides, she's different, and...I can't help it." Charles puts his hand around me and rubs my back.

"I know Erik, and neither can I. There's just something about her." Charles trails off so I begin to wake up.

"How much longer?" I yawn.

"Two hours." Erik states. I decide I want to sleep again, so I lean up against Erik to finish my nap. There's no way Charles likes me, besides, Erik has been like my hero throughout this. He's not bad at all. Once we drop Darwin off we head to a prison to get a kid.

"What the hell does the government want with a gut like Alex Summers? Hope you're not planning on putting him with others. First guy I've ever met who actually prefers solitary confinement." The man states, opening the doors to reveal Alex.

"Hello Alex, we are here to ask you a few questions." Charles begins explaining mutations and he agrees to come.

"Good." I smile at the boy. "I'm Y/n Aquila, this is Erik Lehnsherr." I respond and he smiles. Once we get Alex back we have just a few more. We take a trip to the aquarium, to fetch a small ginger kid. We see a girl reject the poor guy and soon after he scares the fish with sonic waves. I approach him first.

"Hello there, my name is Y/n Aquila. This is Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr. That girl treated you terribly, how about we change that?" I ask him, pulling up wooden benches behind both of us.

"Sick." He states and we explain all the details to him, getting him back to the base.

"One more boys." I smile wrapping my arms around both of them. We walk inside a bar going up to a man smoking a cigar.

"Excuse me, I'm Erik Lehnsherr." Erik starts.

"Charles Xavier."

"Y/n-." I try.

"Go fuck yourself." He responds so we just turn around and leave.

"Hey, 1 rejection out of 5 people, that's pretty good. 80% success." I chuckle. Once we get back, the three of us sit in a room.

"Can't stop thinking about the others out there. All those minds that I touched. I could feel them. Their isolation, their hopes, their ambitions. I tell you, we're at the start of something incredible, Y/n, Erik. We can help them." Charles hopes.

"Can we? Identification-- that's how it starts. And ends with being rounded up, experimented on, eliminated." Erik answers.

"Not this time. We have common enemies-- Shaw, the Russians. They need us." Charles explains.

"I agree with Erik. Charles they need us for now." I tell him. We wait until Moria and the Senator come in.

"Russian defense chief in Moscow. So go ahead. Say it." The Senator begins.

"I'm not here to say, "I told you so." You know why I'm here." Moria answers.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Clearance to bring along your mutants. Fight fire with fire. Makes sense." The Senator explains.

"Wait! You're okay with this? Sending in a bunch of untrained, unauthorized freaks?" One guy argues.

"These freaks... are dedicated, hardworking people." Another responds.

"Plane leaves for Russia in an hour." Moria answers.

"I'm telling you, these kids are not ready for Shaw." Erik pleads as we walk over to get them.

"I think they're going to surprise you. They're an exceptional bunch of young people." Charles explains right before we see the scene in front of us. Everyone is dancing, drunk, the place is a wreck.

"What the hell...?" Moria asks as Charles rushes to her side to calm her down. "What are you doing? Who destroyed the statue?" She fumes. Charles begins to rub her back, and I suddenly feel saddened.

"Alex." Hank answers.

"No. Havok. We have to call him Havok. That's his name now. And we were thinking, you should be Professor X," She points to Charles. "and you should be Magneto," she points to Erik, "and you, my best friend, are Dr. Psycho." Raven finally ends with me.

"Exceptional." Erik scoffs and walks away. I give Raven a stern look. Charles walks up to Raven.

"I expect more from you!" Charles shouts and walks away. I go up to them after.

"Wrong place, wrong time." I sigh. "I'll try to calm them down. For now, just stay put please." I explain and Raven hugs me.

"You always understand." She hugs me tight and I hug her back.

"No Banshee, no more alcohol. I heard your thoughts." I joke and he turns red. "The names, I like them." I state before chasing after the boys.  "But why Dr. Psycho?"

"Well one, psychology, and you're an expert of the brain. You're all about the brain." Raven smiles and I accept.

"Woah woah calm guys!" I say finally catching up to them.

"We can't bring them." Charles sighs.

"Okay, but we can still go." I argue and everyone looks puzzled.

"Y/n is right, we know where Shaw is, this is an opportunity." He smiles at me.

"The three of us can do it, Erik and Charles are very powerful, their shouldn't be a problem." I smile at Moria. She sighs, contemplating the offer.

"Yes, lets all go." She decides. We get on the plane and take the long ride to Russia. We get in the back of a van and prepare to go figure out what's happening.