3.7 The Fight

As we approach Cairo, the scene begins to unfold in front of us. We look to see a large circle, the ground ripping up, then spiraling around someone, Erik.

"Seventh wonder, 12 o'clock." Hank points.

"He has the Professor in the center of the pyramid. He's going to transfer his consciousness into the Professor. If he does that, he'll have the power to control every mind in the world." Jean explains to us.

"What the hell is that?" Moira asks, pointing to the magnetic field ball.

"It's Erik. You guys help Nightcrawler get into the pyramid. Get Charles. We'll take care of Erik." Raven explains.

"How are you going to get through that?" Hank asks.

"I can get you in there. I came here for him. Let me help you." Peter begs her.

"Okay, the rest of us, get Charles on this plane and we get him out of here." I nod to them. Raven turns to me confused.

"You have to come with us to save Erik." She begs.

"Raven, I have to get Charles. I have to." I plead.

"But he'll only listen to you, we need him on our side!" She yells with pain.

"Erik will find his way home, I'm going for Charles." I stand my ground firmly. I know I have to get Charles to safety, she knows Erik will listen only to me. "Just tell him..." I pause, not knowing what to say, these might be my final words to Erik, as I am prepared to sacrifice myself. "Tell him I'll see him soon." I smile and Raven nods, trustingly.

"Okay, you heard her. Get Charles on the plane and go!" Raven repeats.

"We're not leaving without you!" Nightcrawler points to Raven and Peter.

"Don't worry. We'll catch up." Peter smirks.

"Hold on." Raven says as we pull down to land.

"Hank, you go with the kids, Moira will be waiting on the plane." Raven tells him as Peter grabs her to speed away. Once they leave Scott turns to me.

"Wait." Scott worries as I'm about to exit the plane.

"What?" I ask back.

"Not all of us can fully control our powers." He says referring to himself.

"Then, don't. You need to embrace them. We all do." I say to the kids and they lighten up a bit. The door opens for us to get on the streets.

We walk out to see the destruction that's occurring. We run and hide behind different rubble to make our way over to the pyramid.

"There's an entrance. It's clear." Hank says as Angel flies over to us with blades for wings. "Kurt. Get in there!" Hank shouts. Jean moves blocks to protect us from the blades, then Angel follows Kurt inside. "In the pyramid, move, go!" He shouts as another mutant approaches us. She seems to have the power to control weather, and throws a car that Hank catches and throws back at her, but Psylocke saves the day for that girl.

"Split them up." I hear Psylocke say as the girl rises into the air and shoots lightning at us.

"Sorry kids, you'll have to distract them without me." I say and they look scared. "I'm getting Charles!" I shout and Hank nods reluctantly. I teleport myself right next to Charles on a stone slab, unsonscious. I turn to see Kurt and Angel flying all over the place, and eventually out of the arena. I put my hand on Charles's face and move the hair out of it. "I'm here to save you Charles." I smile at him. I grab his arm and transport us into the plane. Moira runs over to help us. Charles remains unconscious, despite the transference being cut off.