1.8 Rage and Serenity

The next morning I hear a knock on the door very early. I roll around in my bed until it knocks again. I finally pull the covers down and just lay there. I slowly get up and hop in the shower, assuming the knock was to let me know to get started. Once I'm done I approach the door to grab my robe when Charles opens the door.

"Charles?!" I scream, and I drop my towel, but my mind makes it stay up, like an instinct.

"Oh...um I'm sorry." He turns around. I quickly pull on my robe.

"Okay I'm decent now." I huff and he turns around.

"Well, we should be starting soon. I was hoping you could help me train the others, you have a way with them." He explains as I chuckle.

"Charles, I don't have a way with them." I laugh.

"I believe it might be an enhanced ability actually, people are drawn to you...in a good way." He smiles at me.

"Okay, I'll just change and come down. Who are we helping first?" I ask him.

"Sean." He smirks then walks away. I quickly change into some athletic clothes then run down for breakfast.

"Raven hi! What are you doing today?" I ask her.

"Well," she begins eating her eggs, "I'm planning on just doing some strength and combat training." She states and I smile.

"That will be great, I mean you already have your powers down!" I say excited for her. Once I finish my breakfast I follow Charles to a window with Hank, where Sean is sitting.

"Now remember, scream as hard as you can." Charles states.

"You need the sound waves to be supersonic. Catch them at the right angle and they should carry you." Hank smiles.

"They should carry me. That's reassuring." Sean worries.

"They will carry you." I smile at him and he nods back.

"Good luck. And don't forget to scream." Charles jokes. We see Sean fall out of the window with a sad scream and hit the ground.

"Are you okay Sean?" I call out the window.

"Just peachy." He responds.

"Hank is going to work on the suit, we'll be back later, just hang tight!" Charles exclaims and Sean nods, completely hurt from the fall. I turn to Charles and laugh at what just happened.

"Don't laugh at his pain." He scolds.

"Oh come on Charles that was funny." I laugh. He takes me downstairs near a bunker.

"I'm going to help Alex now, you probably shouldn't be here." He explains.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because Alex's powers aren't controlled enough yet." He answers and I sigh.

"Fine I'll go find Erik." I walk out and go outside, looking for Erik. I see him running around the mansion. "Erik!" I call and he turns around. Neither of us know how to act after yesterday. I can sense that he is just as confused as I am.

"What are you up too?" He huffs.

"Not sure, but I could use some of this training." I state and he laughs

"Would you like to race?" He asks me.

"Hmm...yes!" I respond then start running.

"Cheater!" Erik cries and I can't help but laugh. We continue running until we see the finish line. Erik begins to catch up and pass me. Suddenly, I think about wanting to pass the line, then I appear over the line. "How'd you do that?" Erik breathes after he finishes.