1.9 Powers

Charles takes me to outside, further away from the mansion. He leads me out near a large oak tree.

"I believe your mind is very strong, and that you can teleport by literally moving the world around you through telekinesis." He begins as I walk closely behind him. "I believe we have just tipped the iceberg."

"Here, you can get in peoples' head. Make them see things. Make them do things, I'm no telepath." I tell him.

"But I believe you can manipulate neurons, in certain ways. Maybe not all, maybe I'm wrong." Charles looks at me.

"Charles...you're thinking that I can control atoms?" I ask bewildered.

"Yes, I can control minds, but I believe yours is more biological. Here, try to make me feel something, use the-." He begins.

"Neurotransmitters to fire certain signals." I smile back as he nods.

"Precisely." He states as I take a deep breath.

"Well what do you want me to make you feel?" I ask him.

"Anything." He smiles back, sitting me down on the grass with him. I stare into his very blue eyes, wondering what I should do. I try the first one, I concentrate on the body, and sadness. Charles begins to tear up and looks at me.

"Good job." He states then looks sadder. "I'm-I'm
s-sad and I don't even know why." He looks to me and I stop concentrating.

"Oh don't cry now Charles, I'm right here." I smile at him and he laughs. "Ooo I have an idea." I remember a study I did, on how people lie. I'm thinking I might be able to change his brain to prevent him from lying or rather make him say the truth.

"What?" He smirks at me.

"What is your name?" I ask putting the changes into affect.

"Charles Francis Xavier." He says back.

"Hello Charles," I tease. "How do you feel about Raven?"

"She's like a sister to me, a good companion. But her lack of control and need to stand out is getting frustrating. Sometimes I just wish I could control her." He says then looks alarmed. "I-I didn't even know I felt that way. What did you do?" He asks me, his hand in front of his mouth.

"Wow Charles. And I changed the responses of some of your neurons to make it impossible for you to lie, or maybe just speak your mind but only the truth." I smile brightly at him.

"Amazing." He says back as he scoots closer to me, now we are sitting very close in the grass. He stands and reaches for me to follow and I do. I look up at him as he holds out two fingers. "May I try?" He asks me and I nod slowly back. "You might have to try to let me in." He ends as he puts his fingers to my temple. I close my eyes and try to just open myself up to him. All of a sudden I see all of my memories, flashing before me. Then he focuses on my family, and how my mother thought I was a freak in need of extermination, the town coming after me like a Salem Witch. Then he switches my mind to himself, all of my moments with him. I can't let him know how I feel so I concentrate on shutting that part out. Then I see Erik. Charles is looking at Erik through my mind. Feeling what I have felt as my heart begins to race. Charles finds us kissing and I finally block him out, I open my eyes to see him tearing up.

"You-you have felt so much pain." He begins as I nod slowly.

"Not all of it is bad." I smile back.

"I can see that." He half heartedly states.

"Charles whats wrong?" I ask him and he doesn't answer. "I don't need to read your mind to know that something's up." I plead. He looks at me with pain in his eyes.