1.10 Changes

After Erik leaves I look over to Charles.

"Care for a game?" I ask, telepathically moving the pieces back to their original spot.

"Sure." He clears his throat as I move to sit down in Erik's warm seat. He moves his pawn forward.

"Do you really agree, with what Erik said?" He asks me as I telekinetically move my pawn.

"Certain things." I answer keeping my eyes on the board. "Tomorrow, people will know about us. If we can keep that contained, things should turn out for the better." I sigh.

"I believe the humans will see the best in us like always." Charles argues, moving his knight.

"Please Charles I don't want to argue." I beg, moving my rook. Charles pauses the game by taking my hand after I move the piece. I finally look up at him.

"Why can't you look at me?" He asks me.

"I'm...focused." I respond, turning away.

"Y/n," he uses his fingers to shift my head to look at him. "Tomorrow you must be careful, I can sense your nervous. I can't have you die, I just can't." I stare into his deep blue eyes. I'm not nervous for myself. I'm nervous about my heart. I'm nervous about Erik killing.

"I-I won't, as long as you don't die on me." I weakly smile back.

"That a girl." Charles smiles back. "Now we best get to sleep, it's going to be a tough day tomorrow." He stands.

"Oh Charles, I didn't know you'd run away?" I tease, moving my queen. "Checkmate." I smile proudly.

"Well, you've won haven't you." He chuckles.

"I always win Charles." I smile, stand and walk out of the room. I begin to go to my bedroom when I hear commotion past Erik's. I walk up to knock but I hear something that stops me.

"We are losing the two people we love most." I hear Raven state. "My best friend, and my brother. Your best friend, and the woman you love." She snarls. "Charles will always be on the side of humanity, and Y/n will always follow Charles. I don't know if I can do it anymore." Her voice begins to break.

"Shhh." I hear Erik try to calm her down. "A-Are you trying to kiss me?" I hear him yell. "Get out! Get out Raven!" I hear footsteps towards the door, then try to mimic Charles's invisibility trick. It seems to work when the door opens and Raven walks out. Erik then slams the door and I release my concentration. I go back to my room, change into my pajamas, and lay down in my bed.

11:00
12:00
1:00
2:00
The time passes and I cannot seem to sleep. I slowly get out of bed, and make my way to the entrance of the manor. I sit down on the cool stone, then look up at the stars.

"Bit late don't you think?" I turn around to see the voice.

"Erik." I smile warmly, he looks awkward standing there, behind me. "Come, sit." I say patting the stone next to me. He slowly sits next to me, then puts a blanket around my shoulders.

"Wouldn't want you to catch a cold." He smiles at me. I take the blanket from one of my shoulders and wrap it around his, then I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Everything is going to change tomorrow." I state looking up at the stars.

Erik sighs and wraps him arm around me, rubbing my back. "It is Y/n, it is." I take comfort in knowing that he is there right now, Erik Lehnsherr, my new best friend, I love him. I love Charles but if you asked me to choose who lives and who dies I can't. Erik moves some metal to form a backrest for us. I look up at the stars to see many constellations. I feel a warm presence on my forehead, Erik leans his head onto mine.

"Erik?" I whisper.

"Mhmm." He nods back.

"Erik, don't die tomorrow." I sigh and he turns to look at me, confused. "I can't lose you, I just can't." He doesn't reply, but just pulls me closer to him. I end up falling asleep on his shoulder, warmed by the blanket and his body. He ends up falling asleep too, we awake with the sunrise.

"Erik..." I whisper slowly shaking him.

"Hmm?" He asks them opens his eyes. "Oh, it's time. Let's get to the lab." He states as he stands up. He offers me his hand and I take it. We walk inside and make our way into Hank's lab to see a set of blue and yellow suits. "Hank has been busy." Erik points out. Everyone else begins to enter the lab as we hold up the suits.

"Do we really have to wear these?" Sean asks.

"As none of mutated to endure extreme G-force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up." Charles sasses. We all take a suit and change into it. I changed with Raven since we are the only girls.

"I like it Raven, the blue." I smile at her.

"Thanks Y/n, I'm trying something new." She smiles as we put the suits on. We walk out to meet the others to travel to the air base.

"Hello boys." Raven smirks as we pull up to see everyone in their suits. We get into a car and make our way towards the lift off area. We all walk up to see a giant plane.

"Y/n you look ravishing " Charles begins as I blush.

"Not now Charles." I scold.

"Where's Hank?" Raven asks, in her blue form.

"I'm here." He answers walking towards us.

"Hank?" Charles asks as Hank gets closer, his form has changed to looking like a blue beast.

"It didn't attack the cells. It enhanced them. It didn't work." Hank sighed.

"Yes it did, Hank. Don't you see? This is who you were meant to be. This is you. No more hiding." Raven smiles at him, caressing his cheek.

"Never looked better, man." Erik pats his shoulder. Hank suddenly gets hold of Erik's throat, lifts and strangles him.

"Hank?" Charles asks.

"Don't mock me!" Hank snarls at Erik.

"Hank, put him down immediately, please?" Charles asks but Erik is still being choked. "Hank! Hank!" Charles commands and he finally drops Erik to the floor.

"Erik!" I yell rushing over to him and helping him up.

"I wasn't." Erik croaks out.

"Even I gotta admit, you look pretty bad-ass. I think I got a new name for you. Beast." Alex smiles and we all approve, except Hank doesn't seem too. We board the plane, take off, and head towards the standstill.