3.5 Rescue Mission

I look around at the people before me. The soldiers for distracted by some "weapon" and had to leave. Hank, Raven, Peter, Moira. We all look desperate.

"Hey!" I say forcefully and they turn to me. "We will get out. We will. Today we aren't Hank, Raven, Peter, Moira, and Y/n. Today we save the world. Today we save Charles. Who are we?" I ask them rhetorically.

"Beast." Hank begins, causing Raven to smile.

"Mystique." Raven says, but doesn't change into her natural form yet.

"Agent." Moira states firmly. I really, really try not to roll my eyes at this. We all turn to Peter.

"Quicksilver, I want to be Quicksilver." He gives us a childlike grin. Then everyone turns to me.

"Psycho." I say proudly. I haven't referred to myself like that in a long time, I did with Erik. Logan seemed to know who 'Psycho' was.

"Cool." Peter comments are my name. "Is it because you're kinda crazy?" He asks me. I laugh a bit but Raven decides to answer for me.

"It wasn't at first, but now she's Psycho. She is kinda crazy. Her power, her strength is psychotic." Raven smiles at me. I appreciate the complement but cringe slightly inside, but it's nice to see the Raven I once knew all those years ago. We all sigh and then get back to the task at hand. "How are we going to get out?" Mystique asks.

"I-Give me a minute to think." I sigh heavily and sit down on the ground, closing my eyes. I sit and try to concentrate on the electrical field. I block out everyone else and focus on the humming. I try to get it to stop by sending some energy but it won't work, so I push harder. I feel nothing come out so I push harder, my hands grip the metal grate below me. Sadly, metal is my weak point with telekinesis, but I keep pushing. I start to grit my teeth because of how hard I'm trying to break this electric field containing my abilities. I decide to concentrate my brain on a powerful motivation. Charles, I have to do this for Charles. Charles is in danger, Charles wants to marry me. Suddenly I feel a snap, and then I scream, releasing all of the tension that I had used to fight the field. The lights flicker on and off and then remain on. I no longer feel the barrier holding us back, but I look up to see everyone staring at me, mouths open. I breathe heavily due to my fatigue. I slowly start to stand, but almost faint halfway. Peter rushes over and catches me. He helps me remain standing, letting me lean on him.

"That was awesome." He laughs.

"What did you do exactly?" Moira asks, very confused. I take a deep breathe to begin to explain but Hank beats me to it.

"She somehow broke through the electromagnetic shield blocking her telekinetic abilities. Now all we have to do it break out of that door." Hank points at the door in front of us. Hank walks over to the door as Raven approaches me.

"You ready to run?" She asks me, seeing I am tired. I finally lean off of Peter and stand up straight. I put my hand on my head, where the root of the pain is and try to gently put some energy into healing it. I sense the purple energy around me so it seems to work, but everything looks a bit fuzzy.

"Ready. Let's save Charles." I smile weakly at her. Hank kicks the door, but it won't move, then he kicks it again, nothing. He runs and slams his body into it but to no avail. I see Kurt appear in the control room above and suddenly feel lightheaded. I stumble a bit and grab my head. My head is throbbing, the pounding feeling overwhelms all of my senses. I focus on fixing the problem and lean against the wall. 'Okay just a little more energy, this time concentrate on healing the cells.' I say to myself, trying to command my hand. My body complied with my wishes and the pounding stops. Now it's all okay. My vision is totally back and I see everyone staring at me, the door open, Scott, Jean, and Kurt opened the door. I walk in front towards them.

"I know where Charles is, let's go." I tell the kids as we walk out of our prison.

"You've been busy." Raven comments on the dead bodies.

"We had a... a little help. Let's go." Scott awkwardly mumbles as they lead us down a hallway. We eventually end up in front of a plane and we all stand in awe.

"Hey, Hank. Do you think you can fly this thing?" Raven asks him.

"Yeah, I can figure it out." Hank responds.

"Hey, guys. Flight suits." Scott says, bringing us all suits to put on. They are black, with some shiny, non metal on it, definitely bullet proof however.

"You got your warplane. Let's go to war." Raven smiles as we all slip on the suits as fast as we can. We try not to make it uncomfortable. We get onto the plane and strap in. Hank and Moira sit in the front to navigate it. We take off and head towards Cairo.

"Hank you sure this thing is flying as fast as it can?" I ask him for about the 5th time on the flight, and it's been like 10 minutes.

"Yes, I'm sure. If you'd like to teleport there yourself, you can." He sasses back and everyone begins to laugh.

"Well maybe I wi-" I start.

"Don't, we need everyone together to do this." Raven puts her hand on mine. I look at her with pain in my eyes.

"But Charles, he's over there, in danger." I sigh to her. She returns my look and tries to comfort me.

"We can't help Charles as much if we have to save you too." She replies and I nod, understanding putting myself in danger distracts from the mission.

"Raven," I begin and she turns to me. "Everyone." I say assertively, and now Peter, Jean, Kurt, and Scott finally look at me, even though they were listening into the conversation before. "I-I've dealt with Apocalypse before." I sigh and they gasp. "He entered Jean's nightmare long ago, I believe it was some sort of foresight. When I tried to get him out, he entered my brain. He came back just when he resurfaced. Right now he wants Charles, but I
th-think when he figures out I'm me, he might want to get me too. So whatever happens out there, get Charles. Get Charles safe. Leave me if you have to. Just get him away from that monster." I say and everyone is lost for words at my blatant statement.

"No, we don't leave anyone behind." Raven responds.

"We get the Professor, we get Magneto, we all leave." Peter answers.

"Listen, if he gets Charles, he gets us all. Promise me you will leave without me if you need to." I force upon them.

"I promise." Hank is the first to answer. Hank is always the more rational and calculated one, he knows the risk. The rest slowly follow in suit but Raven remains stubborn and says no. The ride is then silent, for a while, it seems like hours of nothingness.

"Were you scared? That day in DC, were you scared?" Jean asks us.

"No." Raven responds. I try to get her to say more by sharing my perspective.

"I was scared. I needed to keep Charles safe, to keep Erik safe." I sigh. Raven looks at me and I hope my eyes tell her to give them a feeling of security. Clearly they are scared out of their minds.

"But I was scared on my first mission. I was on a plane like this with my friends. About your age. We called ourselves the X-Men. Your brother was there. We used to call Havoc. He was a real handful, but... When it came down to it, he was very brave." Raven smiles weakly at the end.

"What happened to the rest of the kids that went with you? The X-Men." Kurt asks her.

"Hank, Y/n and I are the only ones left. I couldn't save the rest of them. I told you, I'm not a hero." Raven looks down.

"Well, you're a hero to us. Seeing you that day on TV changed my life." Jean smiles.

"Me too." Kurt adds.

"Me too. I mean, I still live in my mom's basement, but... Everything else is... Well, it's pretty much the same. I'm a total loser." Peter jokes and we all laugh, relieving the tension.